$1000- dollar lession learned

I thought there was an automatic RTH below 15% battery. Why would RTH be disabled with low battery.

Second level voltage protection (below 15% as reported by the app, I think) triggers the Phantom to land automatically, irrespective of where it is. If over water then that's bad luck.

It would be helpful if the RTH feature would show a little sense of urgency when flying home.
I looked at the video recorded during my RTH from ~700 meters and she's flying home at a very leisurely pace. It took more than two minutes to fly back that distance.
I calculate that at around 12mph or 20km/h

RTH speed should vary depending on how far away it is, so if it's far, it will get back quicker before the battery dies.

cahutch said:
It would be helpful if the RTH feature would show a little sense of urgency when flying home.
I looked at the video recorded during my RTH from ~700 meters and she's flying home at a very leisurely pace. It took more than two minutes to fly back that distance.
I calculate that at around 12mph or 20km/h

RTH speed should vary depending on how far away it is, so if it's far, it will get back quicker before the battery dies.
That begs the question about efficiency. Is it more fuel efficient to fly slower or faster. There is some overhead in just staying in the air but I'm not sure if flying faster would get you farther before the battery died. Would be a very informative test.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl