£1000 budget. What do I get?

Reaction score
Ive got a grand burning a hole in my pocket wanting a drone. I had my heart set on a P4 but was deflated when I read about the weak motor mounts cracking after just a few flights. I realise this would get repaired under warranty, but what happens after that? a huge disappointment as I’ve always liked the phantom range. I’m not overly keen on the Mavic as it reminds me of an oversized selfie drone, although it’s a suburb bit of kit. So what do I do? My other line of thinking is maybe a bebop 2, I’m not aware of any build issues, but again looks just like a selfie drone. Given the £1000, what would you get?

I read about the weak motor mounts cracking after just a few flights
I wouldn't doubt that happened to someone. It's certainly not a problem the average P4 owner experiences though.

Reactions: Newbieguy
All phantom models have reported cracks on here, it’s the luck of the draw. But don’t get a bebop as it’s on WiFi. Go for at least an advanced as it runs on lightbridge.

My P3S works fine
Luv it but getting a Mavic Platinum Pro

I want a more portable drone

Wish it had a better camera
Going to get a NVDI cake a for it for agriculture

Anyone have a camera for sale for a P3S

Thanks
Brent

If you've never had a drone before get a bargain 3S and practice on it. I have a 3S and 3A, the remote and lightbridge are better on the 3A but they're both tremendous fun. My 3S was £260 and came with three batteries, pretty well makes it a £160 Phantom 3!

I finally decided to purchase a phantom 4. What a superb piece of kit, the Dji 4 app is amazing, albeit a tad overwhelming due to all its features. Looking forward to taking some great vids and photos (I don’t think I’ll ever take it over water, anything goes wrong, bye bye £1000)

Reactions: Neon Euc and MTO
I finally decided to purchase a phantom 4. What a superb piece of kit, the Dji 4 app is amazing, albeit a tad overwhelming due to all its features. Looking forward to taking some great vids and photos (I don’t think I’ll ever take it over water, anything goes wrong, bye bye £1000)
Great choice, I don’t think you will be disappointed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94