Zenmuse H3-3D GCU V2 to Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Im quite confused about if the Zenmuse H3-3D GCU V2 will work with the Phantom 2 and is it possible to do it without soldering?

I ordered the gimbal - but to my surprise it came without the anti-interference unit and instead the GCU V2 part.

Im having a headache trying to set it up to the Phantom 2. Im wondering if its even possible

Any pointers would be great as I cant seem to find specific ones online!

Im trying to set the phantom 2 up for FPV functionality with IOSD.

thanks!

s.mcdonough said:
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Im quite confused about if the Zenmuse H3-3D GCU V2 will work with the Phantom 2 and is it possible to do it without soldering?

I ordered the gimbal - but to my surprise it came without the anti-interference unit and instead the GCU V2 part.

Im having a headache trying to set it up to the Phantom 2. Im wondering if its even possible

Any pointers would be great as I cant seem to find specific ones online!

Im trying to set the phantom 2 up for FPV functionality with IOSD.

thanks!

There is more than one version of the H3-3D,not that they make it that obvious :)
The one you have with the GCU V2 is for something like the DJI Flamewheel 450 and F550,those versions dont have the anti interference board but DO have the GCU V2.
The Phantom 2 versions come with the anti interference board but NOT with the GCU V2
You dont need the GCU V2 with the Phantom 2.

thanks alot for the reply!

my model didn't come with an anti interference unit and i cant seem to get my head around setting up with the IOSD Mini to the FPV receiver. should i try to get hold of an anti-interference unit to deal with all the static on the FPV monitor?

I have another question about this if anyone can assist:

I'm building a P2 from parts because I just happen to have most of what I need, sans a gimbal. However the flight controller I plan to use is a real Naza M V2, rather than the Phantom-specific Naza. So my question is, will the "Phantom 2" version of the H3-3D sill work if I'm using the full Naza M V2? Where do the Phantom-->Zen GCU functions come from, the main board, or the FC?

Thanks!

varmint said:
I have another question about this if anyone can assist:

I'm building a P2 from parts because I just happen to have most of what I need, sans a gimbal. However the flight controller I plan to use is a real Naza M V2, rather than the Phantom-specific Naza. So my question is, will the "Phantom 2" version of the H3-3D sill work if I'm using the full Naza M V2? Where do the Phantom-->Zen GCU functions come from, the main board, or the FC?

Thanks!

Yes, the NAZA M V2 will work. Zenmuse gets power from board on P2 via ribbon cable. If anything purchase the hub (board) to connect IOSD and zenmuse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl