Zenmuse H3-2D with old GoPro Hero HD

Reaction score
Hi

I have the Zenmuse H3-2D on a P2. Used it loads to record but only recently set up my FPV gear.

I added MiniOSD and a 200mv transmitter. Everything works fine and I can see the OSD data on my screen, but i dont get any video from the GoPro being transmitted. Tried all different settings. It turns on and charges OK when i turn the P2 on.

At first I thought the pin out on the back of the GoPro may have changed from teh Hero HD to the current Hero3 but everything I read on the net tells me it's the same.

The HeroHD, P2 and MiniOSD all have the latest firmware. I'm confident my soldering is solid as I checked end to end for continuity.

Any ideas? I will upgrade to a Hero3 if i need to, but i have stacks of HeroHD laying around that are begging to be used.

I'm surprised it works at all. The Hero HD is a fair bit heavier than the Hero 3.

weight and blance wise it's absolutly fine. No hot motors, no sag or droop, no wobble or vibration. I'm actualy scared to buy the Hero3 because it could get worse.

But regardless, the issue is with Video not making it from the gopro Hero HD, through the zenmuse, up to the main board and back out to the Video TX.

Any one else out there tried (or can try) an Hero HD on their zenmuse to see if they get live video feed?

Just bought a Phantom2 and I love it! MY Gopro Hero2 seems to works fine on it. I have only 2 fight on it but every things seems smooth! Any Help on this topic would be awesome!

Thanks for the comment but not helpful at all. I'm asking of Hero HD on a Zenmuse H3-2D should output video to my Video TX.

Anyone using this set up, or able to try a Hero HD on their set up and let me know the result?

Thanks

Anyone able to plug a Hero HD onto their Zenmuse and let me know if the video makes it through to your FPV monitor/goggles?

Thanks

I actually watched that one before but it means you have to plug in an av cable which will restrict the gimbal movement.

I borrowed a 3 last night and it worked fine, so my wiring is good. But still puzzled why the pin outs on the HD are different to the 3. I'll keep investigating.

Any luck with this? I'm looking to insure I can use the gimbal with a Hero2 before I buy one

Tinbum said:
Any luck with this? I'm looking to insure I can use the gimbal with a Hero2 before I buy one

Nope - just dont think the Hero HD puts out video on the same pins as the Hero 3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl