Yo-Yo effect and IMU calibration after .700 upgrade

Reaction score
Hi guys!, I recently upgraded my Phantom 4 to the latest firmware. Normally, before the update, when I was going to fly the drone in a different location, I used to calibrate compass only, but since I upgraded to the .700 version, I have to calibrate IMU too, in order to avoid the "yo-yo" effect, which is the most noticeable thing, and inmediatly, land the aircraft when I see that this happens, so I don't know if there's some more issues. Once I calibrate IMU, all goes normal.

I upgraded the aircraft using Assistant on Windows 10, and everything went OK. Also I calibrated the VPS and obstacle avoidance cameras.

Anyone more have to calibrate IMU before flying with this firmware?, Is this normal?, Why this happens?

Thanks!

Hi guys!, I recently upgraded my Phantom 4 to the latest firmware. Normally, before the update, when I was going to fly the drone in a different location, I used to calibrate compass only, but since I upgraded to the .700 version, I have to calibrate IMU too, in order to avoid the "yo-yo" effect, which is the most noticeable thing, and inmediatly, land the aircraft when I see that this happens, so I don't know if there's some more issues. Once I calibrate IMU, all goes normal.

I upgraded the aircraft using Assistant on Windows 10, and everything went OK. Also I calibrated the VPS and obstacle avoidance cameras.

Anyone more have to calibrate IMU before flying with this firmware?, Is this normal?, Why this happens?

Thanks!
My understanding is you always recalibrate the IMU after a firmware upgrade.

Geo

Thanks!
No have done all the up grades and only had to calibrate the imu once and not with the latest up date . i don't even calibrate the compass from different flying areas some of which are 1000++ miles apart .

Reactions: a31burgervan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West