Yaw bracket rubbing base plate

Reaction score
I had a mishap with my P3. Clipped some tree limbs and then came down on a metal sign which cut the flex cable at the very bottom where it plugs into the pitch controller.

I notice before I replaced the flex cable that the yaw arm was rubbing the plastic base plate insert. Very slightly but rubbing. After replacing the flex cable the arm is still rubbing. I tried sanding down the insert as I probably only need 1/32 - 1/64" to move freely. If i leave the plate off it functions properly.

Am I able to move the yaw arm up (or actually down when p3 is upright) slightly on that shaft?

If you turn the yaw arm to one side, you should see a small grub screw that locks it to the shaft. Try loosening it and and moving the yaw arm up/down to get your clearance, and then re-tighten.

I feel like an idiot for making the original post. I loosened the set screw dropped it down a smidge and it moves freely. The arm was not bent or showed any sign of damage.

However I just made another post regarding the camera being 2-3 degrees off center to the right. I done the compas dance. Recalibrated imu and did a gimbal auto calibration. Still points ever so slightly to the right. Hoping there is a way to manually adjust it since there is no software adjustment for it.

Are u sure it is not bent? Very slight bend could do that
You mean a very slight bend could cause it to be 1-2 degrees to one side? It obviously took a decent hit since it move the yaw arm up the shaft so that it was rubbing. There are no signs of it being bent at all but I would not put my life on the line to swear it is not. If a bent yaw arm can cause that then I will just order a replacement arm and replace it.

Very hard to see a slight bend. I had to hold two gimbals up and look at both of them. Then I could see it. The one that was bent did not look it by itself.

After very close inspection i found the roll arm has to be slightly bent. The yaw arm is perfectly straight but the camera is off center. I ordered a repair kit from bockhobby | eBay.
Hope this will take care of it.

First time for this particular repair. I replaced the flex cable not realizing the bent arm issue. Sure would have been nice to do it all at once!

Then u know the procedure. I have done several and can do it in my sleep now. Be careful removing the cable as they break easily. U don't want to buy another one. Never buy the cheap ones by the way, I tried them and they all failed for me.

Reactions: timmydjr
Lay the screws out carefully on the sheet he sends u. Be sure to use the alignment tool also. Some say to start putting the cable on at the camera. I have done it every way there is. Getting the cable around the camera is difficult. Go slow. That is way they say to start there. Most importantly, be really careful of the locking clips. When u flip them up they break very easy. I know because I have don it. If they pop out they are very hard to put back. If u break the edge that holds the clip in u are done and will have to replace that item.

Reactions: timmydjr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl