Wow why didnt anyone ever tell me about this

Thanks, the video was helpful. It provides a simple test you can do before loading a battery. It could be considered an early warning system. If it shows low life, that would be a good time to check the more precise data from the flight record.

Reactions: Neon Euc
What is this "manual" everyone keeps mentioning? Is it like a car.. where you can shift gears manually? Is that what sport mode is?

The video author said he had a Phantom 2. I wonder if the batteries for the Phantom 3 & 4 are different?

This guy is amazing. It's a trick about the battery. Wait until he presses the red button down for 5 seconds on a battery. I never knew about this

Really great info, and it was very well presented

I believe, just my opinion, that his video has reminded us that we should all check our batteries and not always rely on guesswork. It succeeded with me. Nice job by the gentleman!

I failed to mention earlier that this was a great post - thanks. The last thing any of us want is our Phantom or Mavic dropping out of the sky.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yep, although I still rely on the battery voltage being displayed on the app for a more reliable indication of real life performance.

Yep, I always have voltages on full display too. Good that there is a mechanism though to tell you the future "shelf life" of the battery though isn't it.

Reactions: tevek
As a side note, but still related: i have not yet got to the point where I have had to dispose of any batteries. How do we go about doing that safely please so that I know for future times?

Many thanks

So, my P4P battery has one flashing green light.. Should i be worried?
Out of curiosity what does it say for the overall life on airdata? Hopefully we might be able to work it out and see if it's good or not. Hate to think one of them is giving the wrong info between the battery and airdata[emoji55]

As a side note, but still related: i have not yet got to the point where I have had to dispose of any batteries. How do we go about doing that safely please so that I know for future times?

Many thanks
There are many locations near where I live that have enviro safe disposal boxes for batteries, printer cartridges and the like. We have 'Planet Earth' sponsored bins at major shopping centres, so when the time comes, I'll discharge them and drop them there. I have over 100 charges on my batteries and the info from Airdata and the simple light test described above suggests I am looking at probably 200 charges before I need to be even more vigilant with them.

Reactions: Nowelly
Out of curiosity what does it say for the overall life on airdata? Hopefully we might be able to work it out and see if it's good or not. Hate to think one of them is giving the wrong info between the battery and airdata[emoji55]

I dont really know what airdata is? Link?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka