Wind speed / altitude

Reaction score
Before I plan a flight I, as Im sure many of you do, I check my UAV Forecast app. I typically like to fly in winds less than 15 mph.

I am wondering what a good setting is for Wind Speed and Altitude and what most people put in these parameters.

Thanks!

I put wind at 15 no matter what altitude I'm checking. And like weather forecasting, uav forecast is really the most accurate at 12 hours and gets better closer to flight time. 24 hours is the most I give it to have some kind of clue, but I don't put much faith in it. That's why I'll never pay for the 7 day app.

I put wind at 15 no matter what altitude I'm checking. And like weather forecasting, uav forecast is really the most accurate at 12 hours and gets better closer to flight time. 24 hours is the most I give it to have some kind of clue, but I don't put much faith in it. That's why I'll never pay for the 7 day app.
I totally agree!!! And that app is seriously my Bible for flying. I travel all over so if I see a good spot to shoot I first look at the app to make sure satellites good and KP levels low before I even drag it out.

I totally agree!!! And that app is seriously my Bible for flying. I travel all over so if I see a good spot to shoot I first look at the app to make sure satellites good and KP levels low before I even drag it out.
Like today, kp is low..but foggy..only 2 Mile visibility
1462988911004.jpg

Before I plan a flight I, as Im sure many of you do, I check my UAV Forecast app. I typically like to fly in winds less than 15 mph.

I am wondering what a good setting is for Wind Speed and Altitude and what most people put in these parameters.

Thanks!
15 and 400 just like you ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor