Will it?

Reaction score
I wanting to fly and get some footage of some really cool railroad tracks. Directly across the street I’m assuming about 150 to 200 feet away there is a power substation. Will the power substation interfere with my p4p in any way? I could really get some cool footage if not. I’ve already had one fly away and just want to cover my bases before I have another.

Will the power substation interfere with my p4p in any way?
I would higlhy doubt it, as long as you keep a good distance away from the actual transmission line's.........say 100ft or so. I fly around high tension lines quite a bit, never had any issues.

The lines are nowhere near the railroad tracks I could drive over there it’s really close to my house and provide pictures later on if need be

At 150-200ft there will be no effect

Agreed. There are no specific physical effects from high-voltage transmission lines that should affect a UAV. The current is not particularly high and will not produce much in the way of a magnetic field, and the frequency is far too low for any relevant RF emissions.

On a seperate note, fly along tracks is great practice for flying level and straight, and makes for some entrancing footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey