Why you never ever give up looking...

Reaction score
OK... first.... Pilot error - totally... I own it... I won't go into the details for legal reasons, needless to say I wasn't reading my instruments and came crashing into a tree 95 ft up at 40+ mph on a dash home...

Had the gps fix of where she disconnected... so I thought, no problem tomorrow I'll just pop over and retrieve her... what I didn't anticipate was the amount of energy required to hack your way through the "bush" - after 2 hours and thoroughly dehydrated and exhausted (I'm 67) I gave in and called it a day... I did blaze a trail however - luckily at least part of my brain still functions, because I realized once into it you can get turned around very quickly...

Next day I enlisted the help of my Hawaiian friend Mark to chop while I blazed and gave directions from my iPhone (Motion X GPS)... took us 2 hours to get in with a 30ft accuracy it still took us another hour to find her.

Only thing that broke was a prop and a bracket I had a Lumecube attached with... Love my birds and don't care what others say these birds are tough...

Just some inspiration for others that may have lost theirs...

Aloha

OK... first.... Pilot error - totally... I own it... I won't go into the details for legal reasons, needless to say I wasn't reading my instruments and came crashing into a tree 95 ft up at 40+ mph on a dash home...

Had the gps fix of where she disconnected... so I thought, no problem tomorrow I'll just pop over and retrieve her... what I didn't anticipate was the amount of energy required to hack your way through the "bush" - after 2 hours and thoroughly dehydrated and exhausted (I'm 67) I gave in and called it a day... I did blaze a trail however - luckily at least part of my brain still functions, because I realized once into it you can get turned around very quickly...

Next day I enlisted the help of my Hawaiian friend Mark to chop while I blazed and gave directions from my iPhone (Motion X GPS)... took us 2 hours to get in with a 30ft accuracy it still took us another hour to find her.

Only thing that broke was a prop and a bracket I had a Lumecube attached with... Love my birds and don't care what others say these birds are tough...

Just some inspiration for others that may have lost theirs...

Aloha

Yip great stuff,great read,good result,blooming trees :)

Reactions: PunaPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164