Why screen recording on nvidia shield k1?

Reaction score
I've been looking at treating myself to an android tablet since getting my P4 start of January and keep seeing references to screen recording is a bonus for the Shield K1 tab...

... I'm using my S7E phone at the moment with the DJI GO 4 App and it caches my video footage and pics on the phone...

...How is the screen recording different on the K1?

Do K1 users not use the GO 4 App? Maybe Litchi, which doesn't cache videos or pics?

I know the Shield Tab has HDMI out, is this related to the screen recording feature?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before the rollout of the Android 7.0 Nougat I would have highly recommended the Nvidia K1 Tab with the killer HDMI output. It's been really great up to 7.0. There is a serious issue with DJI Go4, the K1 tablet, and Android 7.0 Nougat were DJI go4 randomly and frequently crashes in flight. I can't remember my case but some folks have reported the 7.0 upgrade was mandatory when it hits the device. I would definitely hold off on a new K1 till it's worked out. Presently I have been forced to use Litchi. Not all bad but I prefer DJI Go4 for most flying situations. That's my $ .02.

Have the K1, see update is available but not getting it. Love my shield! HDMI to a big screen is awesome. Processing power is great. Although the shield has onboard screen record, I use AZ screen recorder for its functions.

BTW, my shield has never crashed. I use Litchi exclusively with dji go for setting changes not in Litchi. Personally, I think Go4 is the problem with users reports I've read.

Reactions: uavflyr
I've been looking at treating myself to an android tablet since getting my P4 start of January and keep seeing references to screen recording is a bonus for the Shield K1 tab...

... I'm using my S7E phone at the moment with the DJI GO 4 App and it caches my video footage and pics on the phone...

...How is the screen recording different on the K1?
Screen recording has nothing to do with the use of the DJI Go app or flying. It simply makes a video of what is being displayed on the Shield. It does not change the use of the Go app or make it any more stable.

I've updated to 7.0 and not had any issues using either Go app. I will say that I installed Go 4 _after_ I upgraded. If any app is crashing I always recommend deleting it and reinstalling.

Last edited:
Screen recording has nothing to do with the use of the DJI Go app or flying. It simply makes a video of what is being displayed on the Shield. It does not change the use of the Go app or make it any more stable.

I've updated to 7.0 and not had any issues using either Go app. I will say that I installed Go 4 _after_ I upgraded. If any app is crashing I always recommend deleting it and reinstalling.
I just purchased a K1, and want to use it with my P4. Not seeing the screen recording ability in the Web based instructions. Can someone clue me in on how to do screen recording? (I'm using Litchi). Appreciate it. [I have a Samsung 128GB micro SD card in the K1]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think it's a better way on the Shield as the Shield's OS contains this ability.
Have you explored the "Az's" features?... there's a feature that the OS does not have with a button push....

What's the difference with screen recording on K1 - and the recordings GO 4 App stores locally?

I don't understand why people recommend the K1 for screen recording when the GO 4 App records and stores the 720p video stream

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

The GO App stores a smaller version of the original video the camera has been recording. It's for instant viewing purpose.
A screen recording feature - either through the built-in feature of the K1 or third party apps like AZ - records the entire screen. It records what YOU see on your device, not what the CAMERA sees. Also sound will be recorded. See this sample:

Sample.jpg

Reactions: d4niven
BTW, my shield has never crashed. I use Litchi exclusively with dji go for setting changes not in Litchi. Personally, I think Go4 is the problem with users reports I've read.

I've only had app crashes on DJI go4 with my shield. It was constantly crashing, when I first got it. Litchi has been rock solid, though. I'm so glad I have litchi.[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Before the rollout of the Android 7.0 Nougat I would have highly recommended the Nvidia K1 Tab with the killer HDMI output. It's been really great up to 7.0. There is a serious issue with DJI Go4, the K1 tablet, and Android 7.0 Nougat were DJI go4 randomly and frequently crashes in flight. I can't remember my case but some folks have reported the 7.0 upgrade was mandatory when it hits the device. I would definitely hold off on a new K1 till it's worked out. Presently I have been forced to use Litchi. Not all bad but I prefer DJI Go4 for most flying situations. That's my $ .02.

I did update but it is an OPTION to update to android 7
it is not required so no reason to wait to buy!

good luck and have fun flying!

I just purchased a K1, and want to use it with my P4. Not seeing the screen recording ability in the Web based instructions. Can someone clue me in on how to do screen recording? (I'm using Litchi). Appreciate it. [I have a Samsung 128GB micro SD card in the K1]

Google

Hi, I have the K1 and I too can't use the DJI go 4app with my P4pro or Mavic, it just keeps crashing.

Litch works just fine for some reason.

Anyone why?
Best regards,
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan