Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Who has bought the Wider/Taller Legs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lightingbryan, May 10, 2014.

1. Who has bought the taller landing gear? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tall-Landing-Ski ... acb&_uhb=1

I am wanting to know what people are thinking about them? Do they keep the landing gear out of the shot? Do they break super easy? Are they a must have for a H3-3D owner?

Thanks!

2. RobFallen

I got them on my plus, not tried them out yet though really

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2 Pro

3. UrAwFuL

I have them! But it's still in this plastic bag it came with..

I've heard they're really brittle, so I kind of don't feel like taking my chances until later in the long rung I guess after more flight experience.

4. jadebox

I switched to a set of "Extended Landing Gear" like that when I added a Rotorpixel Gimbal to my P2V.

[​IMG]

Switching the gear was easier than expected. There was enough slack in the compass wire to allow me to remount it at the same angle and distance down the leg. I left the antennas hanging straight down. The legs seem about a strong and durable as the original ones.

More info: http://www.visionflyer.com/installing-t ... el-gimbal/

-- Roger

5. d4ddyo

bought my wide extended gear from acesdeals.biz He doesn't sell anything he hasn't flight tested himself. I'm not sure what everyone else has tried but I can tell you that his is as strong as the stock legs and my gear is never in my picture/video.

The only thing I struggled with was finding a case that fit. I wanted a backpack that fit the extended legs when I trek around... and a hard case when I traveled.

I settled on the Vanguard up-rise II 48 i bought from B&H for a backpack.

I also have the hard case in yellow coming from http://www.acesdeals.biz/apps/webstore/ ... ow/4846026

6. Photomcmillan

I just bought these from Goodluckbuy because i am planing on lowering my h3 2d gimbal to avoid props with faster movements. I'm doing the install over the next few days and will post some pictures i also bought some longer peices of carbon tube so i can cut and extend. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/atg-dji-phan ... plate.html

7. djmaincheese

I like them, you have a bit more room for the gimbal on landing plus they dont come into the picture as much. Great quality and look like they came from the factory.
    Only issue is the wire harness for the iOSD mini plug does not fit properly, you have to tape it on there or lengthen the harness. The compass harness bolts on with no issues...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kescot

these look good indeed might try me a set :D

9. jondrew

I have them. They let my FPV antenna hang straight down. Pretty straightforward to install. Had to shave some plastic for the compass and CANBUS to fit. Other than that I like them. Still get in the way sometimes in strong winds. [​IMG]

10. cjaviert

Checj this out, Carbon Fiber wide legs

[​IMG]

11. terrycagg

Could you please tell me what you are using to extend the skids on the bottom of the legs? Seems they have a strong tendency to tip when ever I land, smooth landing or no!
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,Terry

12. Submariner

I bought extended skids fron this guy after watching his youtube video:

http://youtu.be/INqhUZKz9m0

I should get them this week...

13. Bugsbunnyheli

I put tall landing gear on my used Phantom 1 before its first flight by me. My only issue is it seems to have a hard time holding a good hover. I kinda think I need to readjust the compass on the leg a bit. I have done the compass dance a lot.. :D

14. Rotoscope

I've got the Phantom 2. I'd like to rig the taller legs but I have a question: I noticed that the factory leg that has the gray cable running through it, well, the plug at the end won't fit through the hole at the screw mount. How do you remove the factory legs and get all the wiring through? Obviously you guys have done it. Thanks.

15. I removed the smallest items first. It took a while, but I was careful.

16. UrAwFuL

How does the wide legs hold up on crashes?

I have the wide legs from eBay but never installed them, mainly because I felt they were pretty weak when I tried wiggling the legs around (and it was pretty wiggly). I wanted longer legs because tip-overs suck and to also protect my gimbal as much as possible in an unlikely event of a crash. :lol:

I'm thinking about getting the carbon fiber ones instead, but which one do you recommend getting?

17. N017RW

You seem to be referring to the CAN-Bus ribbon since the compass one does fit through...

To get it through the hole, you fold the connector over diagonally until is nearly parallel with the ribbon, then you can slide it through.

No need to fold so tightly that it could crease or kink the ribbon just enough to allow it to pass.

18. Bugsbunnyheli

19. RichardWendt

20. Phantom_Menace66

I was using them for a while but reverted back to the stock ones. I found the T&W ones were indeed wider, but the same length front to back & with the extra height it was top heavy & a bit wonky when landing...