Which has the best video/photo quality?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113105
  • Start date
Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet of a flight log and repair log?

Must be android only, because it is not in the iOS app store (from my iphone)

That's surprising. I don't have any iDevices but just 'assumed' they would have the app on both platforms. Seems like they're missing a very large part of the prosumer drone base

It’s available for iOS. I personally could not find any reviews pro or con on verify.

I choose to just add a liability policy. Not as easy to find coverage as I thought.

Paul C

It’s available for iOS. I personally could not find any reviews pro or con on verify.

I choose to just add a liability policy. Not as easy to find coverage as I thought.

Paul C
What is the name of the app?

I am posting this in the Autel group also to see what kind of answer I get. I'm looking to purchase my first drone to be used commercially for photo/video. I've been in RC for over 20 years.

Which takes the best quality photo/video? Autel Evo or P4P Pro V2? Hoping to hear from people that have both. How reliable is the P4P? I am also interested in 3D mapping. I know the Evo cannot do that. How reliable is the Evo? I know it is new and probably not much to say on that front yet.

Just wondering if anyone has had any side by side comparisons....I'm not loyal to any brand. I just want something that works and isn't in the shop getting repaired all of the time. I had originally purchased an Evo, but sent it back (never opened the box) because they changed things from their original advertisements and the iOS app isn't even released yet.

Thanks everyone.
Regarding P4P video... in certain conditions where there are gradual color shifts (brown marsh grass; large areas of sandstone; roofing shingles; green grass), the P4P fails miserably, creating a "shimmer" of sorts as it struggles with Dynamic Color Range. It seems not to know where one color shade stops and another starts and gets confused. The result is an extremely distracting "blocking" of pixels. It's especially prevalent in d-Log mode (8-bit). I no longer use d-Log. It still occurs at times in "normal" mode. Really disappointing. Still, images are fine.

Regarding P4P video... in certain conditions where there are gradual color shifts (brown marsh grass; large areas of sandstone; roofing shingles; green grass), the P4P fails miserably, creating a "shimmer" of sorts as it struggles with Dynamic Color Range. It seems not to know where one color shade stops and another starts and gets confused. The result is an extremely distracting "blocking" of pixels. It's especially prevalent in d-Log mode (8-bit). I no longer use d-Log. It still occurs at times in "normal" mode. Really disappointing. Still, images are fine.
That is a real shame! Are you using filters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone here used the Verifly app to purchase liability insurance on the spot? It offers 'instant' liability insurance for $1M and up, in half-hour increments. It uses your device GPS to determine your location, and pricing is based on location, flight time, distance flown from home point, and the dollar amount of coverage you want.

I've installed it on my flight tablet but have not used it yet.
Yep. It’s pretty cool.

Regarding P4P+ photos,
degree of diffraction away from image center
can vary widely between individual cameras, IME.
If one gets unlucky & gets lemon, DJI will
replace free on request, if under warranty.

Yes, there's a HDMI module you can install on your RC available from DJI for $100.
Do you guys know if I can hook up my iPhone and a remote monitor at the same time? Are there enough ports for this? I know I can get the goggles, but I think they will probably make me motion sick as all of the other ones do so I was hoping there was another option
Yes, DJI makes an HDMI Output Module that can easily be installed on the P4P RC. Buy HDMI Output Module - DJI Store

Has anyone used Verifly to actually make a claim? I find I prefer a formal contract with a number that can be referenced.

Paul C

I use Verifly all the time. Pay as you go and now they have options for flight radius and various time limits.
Has anyone actually used it to file a claim? That is the more important part. Thanks. Do they email you a complete policy once you pay?

Has anyone actually used it to file a claim? That is the more important part. Thanks. Do they email you a complete policy once you pay?
I have never filed a claim. You are emailed a certificate of insurance that you can forward to your client. Also a full policy description, declaration pages I guess you would call them, can be downloaded.

I have never filed a claim. You are emailed a certificate of insurance that you can forward to your client. Also a full policy description, declaration pages I guess you would call them, can be downloaded.
Thanks for the quick reply!

P4P+, no flight issues to date after over 30 hours of flying. Camera very good, does not compare with my 36 mp Nikon but I would not expect a 20 mp camera to do so. That being said, I use it commercially with comparable Lightroom and Photoshop editing, great results.

Good luck in your decision making micron.

p4p: easy to fly drohne but has a terrible lens, cheap coating! Can only be used with the sun behind the camera. You get awful flares!!! I bought a lens shade but it catches too much wind from the props and the gimbal bobs up and down. Now I use a light cardboard strip as a lens shade. It's a hassle to tape it on, but that works at least.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor