Which frequency on fpv transmitter.

Reaction score
So I am unsure why my range is poor for my fpv setup and I'm starting to think I have the wrong frequency selected on the dip switches on my transmitter. I am currently running a 1000mw 5.8 ghz boscam on a pt2 and black pearl. Which frequency should be selected within the 5800 ghz range. Will attach a picture to help make this clearer. Really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 554
I don't know the TX51 specifically, but across the board (especially with Boscam) transmitters are generally more powerful on the first channels, and weaker on the higher channels... so go with channel 1 -3.

Are you sure you've got the BP receiver tuned to the exact same group/channel to match frequencies with the transmitter? like have you manually set the channel? You should have a similar chart with channels/frequencies for the BP... make sure you match exactly.. often when people use the "Scan" feature it doesn't pick the exact right channel, it'll pick a nearby channel

many people fall into the trap of thinking that transmitter wattage is the main factor in FPV performance, when it's actually your antenna quality. 1000mW transmitter with **** antennas is going to perform way less than a 400mW transmitter with premium antennas. I'm running a TS353 and I've personally been out to 1800m with rock solid FPV no different than when it is 10m away... but I've got the FPVLR pentalobe on the Tx and the 4.25 helix on my receiver.

environment is also a factor, urban settings with lots of interference will adversely affect your performance vs being out in the country with no interference

I totally agree with QYV's comments. Lots of things can go wrong with a poor choice of antennas. I switched-over to FPVLR's antennas and I am extremely impressed.

Good luck, you'll get it dialed-in.

PaulVx4 said:
I totally agree with QYV's comments. Lots of things can go wrong with a poor choice of antennas. I switched-over to FPVLR's antennas and I am extremely impressed.

Good luck, you'll get it dialed-in.

Ditto to your ditto! It is kinda late to tell you, but I doubt you could even tell the difference, in signal strength, between 400mw and 1 watt, except for less flight time due to battery drain.

My FPLR 5.8Ghz antennas just arrived yesterday and the 2.4Ghz ones are on the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl