Where is the "retrace original flight route" that DJI speaks of?

Well I would think one big factor is how long it takes to reaquire what the system thinks is a reliable link between controller and aircraft. I guess the way to test this would be to fly a parallel or zig-zag path and then turn off the controller and see how long the backtrack is followed until full RTH mode tales over.
Chasing its own tail? I mean, how is the aircraft going to determine whether or not to backtrack for just one more second. The 180 was taking the aircraft closer to the RC, but not as efficiently as when it moves directly toward the remote control, which is of course what the craft does when it gives up on the backtrack.

Chasing its own tail? I mean, how is the aircraft going to determine whether or not to backtrack for just one more second.
Well there's clearly going to be some timeout value (and/or distance) at which it gives up, I was just suggesting how we might find out what that value is.

Well there's clearly going to be some timeout value (and/or distance) at which it gives up, I was just suggesting how we might find out what that value is.
I'd be surprised (not shocked or disbelieving, just surprised), if the aircraft did both a zig and a zag along the backtrack. A fairly long zig or a fairly long zag, sure, but a zigzag would be surprising.

I'd be surprised (not shocked or disbelieving, just surprised), if the aircraft did both a zig and a zag along the backtrack. A fairly long zig or a fairly long zag, sure, but a zigzag would be surprising.
Maybe so, a zigzag may be a little extreme :), basically for a test I just meant 'some flight path that made it obvious when you were in backtrack mode vs. full RTH.'

Does anyone know if the P4P will retrace its flight path (on visual memory alone) if there's no current GPS lock? I may have to test this myself once I get my unit; but just thought I'd ask. I'm planning a flight through a "keyhole" in a building, and just curious if I lose both GPS lock (very likely) AND RC signal (hopefully VERY unlikely), if it would retrace it's flight based on its visual memory. Granted all the metal nearby will probably screw with the compass too much anyway. In any case, if retrace flight path does not work without plenty of GPS locks, then I'll definitely need to set "loss of signal" to hover or land, so I don't hit the soffit above.

Does anyone know if the P4P will retrace its flight path (on visual memory alone) if there's no current GPS lock?
No. It'll auto land at its current location.

Reactions: skyeboysteve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164