Where do I stand

Reaction score
Hypothetical case - but could arise, I'm flying in field A.
I have permission from. owners to fly in fields C
Owner of fields B has said "don't fly over my fields" (for no good reason)

Where do I stand, do I have top go round fields B to get over fields C?
DJI_0004.jpg

Go around fields B to get to fields C and C. Other option is start at A, go up 600 feet and straight to C but you would be breaking a FAA regulation.

Where do I stand, do I have top go round fields B to get over fields C?View attachment 109097
What country you flying in? Lot of people from different places here and rules are different.

Reactions: gvsukids
Really farmer b has no right to his airspace. Flying over 2-300 he won’t even see it
If in the US that is correct as far as the airspace goes. You should send him a copy of the rules. This is a big one. It's from "Knowbeforeyoufly.org" "Do not conduct surveillance or photograph persons in areas where there is an expectation of privacy without the individual’s permission".

Where do I stand, do I have top go round fields B to get over fields C?View attachment 109097

You could stand on fields A &C as long as you have VLOS. As far as flying I would not fly over field B if owner did not want me to. Fields A & C connect.

Drones, Airspace, & Private Property Rights

uas_privacy_best_practices_6-21-16.pdf

I'm in England. I flew from my back garden into a field behind my house and the next door neighbour complained that it made her feel nervous. Then I was flying in a field where I had permission, never went outside the hedge lines, and an owner of an adjacent came and said "don't fly that thing over my fields" (on the other side of the road.
Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 22.43.55.jpg

My understanding is the issue of airspace above private property hasn't been completely settled. The airspace at 500' and above is navigable airspace according to the FAA (Congress). There was a court decision that required the military to pay a farmer compensation for flights that were 83' above his property.

United States v. Causby, 328 U.S. 256 (1946)

That say there was no clear defining of where private property rights ended...

"The Court of Claims granted respondents a judgment for the value of property destroyed and damage to their property resulting from the taking of an easement over their property by low-flying military aircraft of the United States, but failed to include in its findings of fact a specific description of the nature or duration of the easement."

I'm in England. I flew from my back garden into a field behind my house and the next door neighbour complained that it made her feel nervous. Then I was flying in a field where I had permission, never went outside the hedge lines, and an owner of an adjacent came and said "don't fly that thing over my fields" (on the other side of the road.View attachment 109109
What are the rules about flying over property in England? You make me feel good about the areas I fly in. In my back yard there is no problem about flying.

My understanding is the issue of airspace above private property hasn't been completely settled. The airspace at 500' and above is navigable airspace according to the FAA (Congress). There was a court decision that required the military to pay a farmer compensation for flights that were 83' above his property.

United States v. Causby, 328 U.S. 256 (1946)

That say there was no clear defining of where private property rights ended...

"The Court of Claims granted respondents a judgment for the value of property destroyed and damage to their property resulting from the taking of an easement over their property by low-flying military aircraft of the United States, but failed to include in its findings of fact a specific description of the nature or duration of the easement."
But he's fling in England.

There is a huge amount of hype around England following the closure of Gatwick airport due to a drone flying too near it. Since then drones seem to have become a no no!!

I'm in England. I flew from my back garden into a field behind my house and the next door neighbour complained that it made her feel nervous. Then I was flying in a field where I had permissionI , never went outside the hedge lines, and an owner of an adjacent came and said "don't fly that thing over my fields" (on the other side of the road.View attachment 109109

I appreciate your problem having had a similar experience. I was accused of having flown onto a next door neighbours property, but was able to prove from the DJI Telemetry that I had not, and had not "violated" anybody else's airspace. It's not worth a "verbal fight" ! If people have an issue with drones/drone pilots - you ain't going to change their minds, and "pain in the neck" that it is - I would advise finding somewhere else to fly - as difficult as that maybe, and however annoying . Drones are like flying aeroplanes - you need continual practice, and aeroplanes have airports and airspace. Unfortunately, drone pilots have to find their own airspace, and that''s not easy ! For me - it is an on-going problem !

Reactions: pvs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor