Where can I actually fly my drone???

LuvMyTJ - the biggest problem in using the airspace above restricted land is being stopped by park police and other officials who either don't like drones or have been ordered to do so by biased or uninformed superiors. If your drone is confiscated, getting it back may be next to impossible or very costly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I asked at my local City Parks Dept. and was told "Drones are not allowed at any city parks." She said to contact the County Parks and ask there, but I haven't so far.

The local hobby shop told me one of the two soccer field complexes is getting an AMA permit for use of their fields. Even some of the local AMA flying fields here do not allow drones as they just want gas or electric planes and jets - no drones allowed. I've seen the Facebook page of one soccer field here where it shows one guy prepping his RC plane and a comment about "Preparing for lessons" so maybe some help from them as they are used so infrequently as it is. I don't have my AMA number yet, but I'll ask once I do and see what they say about drones there.

I also heard about the incident at the Apple Complex in San Jose where a drone guy was told he was not allowed to fly near Apple. He went back later and his drone took off over the water and was long gone like someone took it over. It might have been in the AMA magazine where the hobby shop guy saw it; "They can't shoot them down, but they can mysteriously fly away."

I fly out of a soccer field in West Houston. Technically their parking lot. I have had Constables drive by twice and they just wave so I don't think that there is a problem. I heard that one of them actually has a bird himself that he flies there.

Remember that if the app shows you that you are within 5 miles of an airport you can just call the tower and notify them about your flight. I have never been told not to fly by either of the two towers I have called. I suppose they could say no but I am sure that they would have a good reason.
You can use:
AirMap.io
there is an app for ios or you can just go to the site. (click on the circle for the phone numbers)
Or you can just google the number or look here for the airport manager number:
AirNav: Airport Information

I fly from my front porch. I downloaded the app b4ufly and I think it is BS. Come on, a private heliport 1.2 miles away. I wont do the last update onDJI GO or firmware which contains the nfz.

What version of the firmware contains nfz? and what was the date of it's release?

Thanks!

Has anyone here ever considered putting together a database of municipalities that restrict drone flying?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl