Whats up with the ads on here messing up the site?

Reaction score
Whats up with the ads on here messing up the page. The ad is going all around the outside of the forum? I attached a picture below.

Has the site been hacked? Or just some rogue html that screws up the forum.......

RGecy

Attachments

• Phantom-Pilots-error.jpg
    Phantom-Pilots-error.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 553
Reactions: rfaaj
I'm on a pc with Opera and Firefox browsers and no problems here. Also OK on my Nexus 5x mobile.

I'll get our Admin to look into this.

Whats up with the ads on here messing up the page. The ad is going all around the outside of the forum? I attached a picture below.

I'm not seeing any ads. I'm wondering if it might be specific to your device. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that gets rid of the ads?

I'm not seeing any ads. I'm wondering if it might be specific to your device. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that gets rid of the ads?
Keep hitting refresh and let the page load fully. I was in classifieds forum when it happened. Did it about 10 times.

I suspect you have a malicious extension or software installed on your machine. I had the same experience when end my kids were installing some Minecraft stuff and clicked the wrong download button.

I’d start by looking at the extensions installed on your browser or try another browser/computer to see if you have the same issue.

C.

I suspect you have a malicious extension or software installed on your machine. I had the same experience when end my kids were installing some Minecraft stuff and clicked the wrong download button.

I’d start by looking at the extensions installed on your browser or try another browser/computer to see if you have the same issue.

C.

I highly doubt it. On work pc with all sorts of malware and virus protection. I am also a web developer. There are tons of blocked frame and CORS errors on the site if you look at the console output.

Here is the console output when it starts. Looks like a cdn from justpremium.com which is an advertising site.

jpx.all.Wp.js:1 (00:05:420.30)JExecution: Ad:wp[22:379380] shown.
jpx.all.Wp.js:1 (https://cdn-cf.justpremium.com/js/v2.10.180/jpx.all.Wp.js:1:10989)
jcl.v2.min.js?v=1:13 Jcl: Jcl: bg target loaded
jcl.v2.min.js?v=1:13 Jcl: Jcl: left target loaded
jcl.v2.min.js?v=1:13 Jcl: Jcl: right target loaded
jcl.v2.min.js?v=1:13 Jcl: Jcl: top target loaded
jp-controls.js:5 [object HTMLVideoElement] has no poster frame!
p.init @ jp-controls.js:5
r @ jp-controls.js:5
(anonymous) @ jp-controls.js:5
(anonymous) @ jp-controls.js:5
(index):44 play fired; there is 1 tracker available.
(index):44 {firstQuartile: false, midpoint: false, thirdQuartile: false, play: true}
(index):44 not set
(index):44 firstQuartile fired; there is 1 tracker available.
(index):44 {firstQuartile: true, midpoint: false, thirdQuartile: false, play: true}
(index):44 firstQuartile fired; there is 1 tracker available.
(index):44 {firstQuartile: true, midpoint: false, thirdQuartile: false, play: true}
(index):44 midpoint fired; there is 1 tracker available.
(index):44 {firstQuartile: true, midpoint: true, thirdQuartile: false, play: true}
(index):44 midpoint fired; there is 1 tracker available.
(index):44 {firstQuartile: true, midpoint: true, thirdQuartile: false, play: true}

I have really only seen it in the classifieds section. Go there and refresh, letting the page load fully. I am using chrome. Refresh till you see it. Its not coming from my machine.

I suspect you have a malicious extension or software installed on your machine.
Same issue here. There are is nothing in the Firefox extensions directory, in my case. I have had these issues before and that is normally where I find them.

Sorry, you're having an issue, but I'm not getting any ads like that, even after repeated reloads in the Classifieds area. I quit after six reloads as I didn't see what you're seeing. I'm using Chrome. Hope you get it fixed.

So, @Fly Dawg you are seeing it as well? On firefox?
Yes, sporadically. There is no definative "Area" in the forums that is shows up. It seems to be random. Sometimes it appears, sometimes not. It does this with 3 different browsers and I have looked for anything out of the ordinary i all 3. Found nothing.

Here's another one...in Real Estate......Just to say it is random an extremely annoying.....

ADWARE.PNG

Reactions: BigAl07
I mentioned a problem I was having with Chrome opening another tab for ads and thankfully the staff here did there job and took care of it. I am now getting another annoyance that also appears to be ad related. Here's what I got when I went to look at a topic in Photos and Videos...

PahntomPilots.jpg

So, this ad clobbers and overwrites the page and has to be unauthorized -- hope this can be fixed soon...

Brian

Reactions: BigAl07
I should add that when this happens not only does the ad overwrite but it also changes the size of the actual PhantomPilots page as can bee seen in post #18. It shrinks the legitimate page and fills a border around it with the ad. As a first question -- is BNP PARIBAS an actual ad customer for PhantomPilots or has a spam artist found a way to force someone else's ads onto PhantomPilots. Given the issues I reported a couple weeks back I have to suspect that some aspect of the website is proving to be very tempting to these DB's.

Oh, and as I type this the BNP PARIBAS ad is surrounding me -- please let me out!

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94