What just happened???

Reaction score
Right I was just flying my Phantom 2 with the hero 4. Gimbel with the typical FPV setup with the black pearl monitor. I am a novice drone pilot and I am also only 15, my battery had overheated and burned out on my monitor so I decided I should follow the drone closely and use the GoPro app on my phone to act as a mini FPV so I did. It was all very successful until the drone was getting low on battery but as a I was about to land it shot off into the air to about 150 foot high and started flying into the direction I took of from but I had no control over the drone so I chased it down the beach until it gradually decreed its altitude. I thought the drone was going heywire and had a mind of its own but I had a idea that it was returned to where I took off but I thought you could only activate home and do it manually but I did it autonomously so I was very confused can someone tell me what happened????

Right I was just flying my Phantom 2 with the hero 4. Gimbel with the typical FPV setup with the black pearl monitor. I am a novice drone pilot and I am also only 15, my battery had overheated and burned out on my monitor so I decided I should follow the drone closely and use the GoPro app on my phone to act as a mini FPV so I did. It was all very successful until the drone was getting low on battery but as a I was about to land it shot off into the air to about 150 foot high and started flying into the direction I took of from but I had no control over the drone so I chased it down the beach until it gradually decreed its altitude. I thought the drone was going heywire and had a mind of its own but I had a idea that it was returned to where I took off but I thought you could only activate home and do it manually but I did it autonomously so I was very confused can someone tell me what happened????

First of all, if you used the GoPro app as FPV that means you had to have turned on the camera's wifi which operates on the same 2.4GHz frequency as the control and P2. That is a big no no. It's ok to use the app to make adjustments to your camera but shut it off the wifi before starting the P2.

First of all, if you used the GoPro app as FPV that means you had to have turned on the camera's wifi which operates on the same 2.4GHz frequency as the control and P2. That is a big no no. It's ok to use the app to make adjustments to your camera but shut it off the wifi before starting the P2.
Ok thanks but why did the drone do what it did ?

Ok thanks but why did the drone do what it did ?

More than likely you lost control of the flight due to interference from the wifi signal blocking signals from the controller. Remember wifi operates on the same frequency as the receiver inside your P2. So either repair or replace your monitor and quit using your GoPro app to monitor what camera is seeing and recording as it is a bad combination for FPV.

More than likely you lost control of the flight due to interference from the wifi signal blocking signals from the controller. Remember wifi operates on the same frequency as the receiver inside your P2. So either repair or replace your monitor and quit using your GoPro app to monitor what camera is seeing and recording as it is a bad combination for FPV.
Thanks you’ve helped a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94