What is the largest thing you have flown? (real or model)

Yea I miss those days. The Be99 (and the Chieftain) are absolute tanks. Rock solid airplanes and the flying I did was REAL flying - hands-on, no glass cockpit sissy stuff - steam gauges and all pilot skill (autopilot? What's that?).

I'd love to get back into the game but doubt I could survive on $28k a year and no benefits at this point!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes, not a lot of cash initially.

Yea I miss those days. The Be99 (and the Chieftain) are absolute tanks. Rock solid airplanes and the flying I did was REAL flying - hands-on, no glass cockpit sissy stuff - steam gauges and all pilot skill (autopilot? What's that?).

During my Air Mail flying days in the Twin Beech (BE-18) there was a guy who arrived and parked next to me in a BE-99. I just drooled over that airplane every night when he showed up. Me with my ratty Twin Beech and him with his "mini-airliner" both parked at the Air Mail facility.

Ah yes, the starving years in the business. Remember it well.

AD

i-vMrrdjR-L.jpg

747-300 for many years but mostly the 747-200.

Also did the CH-47 Chinook (Viet-Nam and as an instructor) while in the Army with a few flights in the CH-54 Tarhe, which I REALLY loved.

I went from a 4 engine 747 to a four "engine" Phantom P4. Still having fun.

I would have loved to been able to fly the P4 back in the empty cargo bay of the 747, but that opportunity is long gone.

AD (my avatar is at the nose wheel of my favorite 747 while in Hong Kong)

i-JgSsh3v-XL.jpg

Heeeyyyyy! Where's your SIDA badge?!?!? Just kidding.

I have time in a Cessna 414 and 402's but spent most of my years flying 152's, 172's and Piper Arrow which is a nice single engine! Don't fly anymore other than my P4.

Biggest I've flown is a Tobago. For those that don't know what it is, it's a four seater single engine. I am only licensed to fly single engine. Oh and a P3S ofcourse

A Steerman Bi-plane, circa 1946. The wife knew I had always wanted to go up in a bi-plane and bought me a 1 hour flight. Once off the ground and relaxed, the owner offered to let me have the stick for a while...too much fun. Wore a perma-grin for a few hours afterward.

I didn't "fly" it, but I piloted a 600' Navy ship numerous times including into and out of port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JWH
747-300 for many years but mostly the 747-200.

Also did the CH-47 Chinook (Viet-Nam and as an instructor) while in the Army with a few flights in the CH-54 Tarhe, which I REALLY loved.

I went from a 4 engine 747 to a four "engine" Phantom P4. Still having fun.

I would have loved to been able to fly the P4 back in the empty cargo bay of the 747, but that opportunity is long gone.

AD (my avatar is at the nose wheel of my favorite 747 while in Hong Kong)

i-JgSsh3v-XL.jpg

Kia Tak Airport? If so, you the man!

ATP, CFII, MEI, RPO
Part 121, 135, and 91 Corporate Pilot
30 years of exploration.

Biggest 747-400 as well as DC-9 15/32, B737-3/4/5/ and NG, 757/767/MD-11 and other types that have long since gone such as Dart Herald,SD-360, BAE ATP to name a few.

FAA ATPL.

Reactions: Falcon900
Kia Tak Airport? If so, you the man!

ATP, CFII, MEI, RPO
Part 121, 135, and 91 Corporate Pilot
30 years of exploration.

Yes. Many, many times and every landing at that airport was well worth the 12 to 14 hour flight it took to get there!

AD

Reactions: Falcon900
110,000 cubic foot hot air balloon. Currently the P4 is a lot cheaper to fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The gentle art of balloon flying, much respect for you guys flying those balloons.

Thanks, yeah I flew them for most of twenty years. It finally got to the point it was not fun anymore and getting to expensive. It was a heck of a ride while it lasted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka