What Is the Anti Anti-interference Board Actually For

Reaction score
Hi, new member, new to RC and new to Quads etc... :D -

Forgive me for starting a new topic on this matter but I can't be the only person who has this question and I thought a new topic would make the answer easy for others to find. I'm waiting to receive my P2 with Zenmuse 3d which is on back order, so while I wait I've been doing a little research and could use a little clarification.

• Am I right in saying that the Anti-interference Board is not to remove the jello effect as is mentioned in some places on t'internet but it is actually to prevent interference with the FPV transmitter ?

I think I have also read that it is specifically used to prevent interference with the AVL58 transmitter. Does anyone know if this is also correct ?

If so, would this mean that if another FPV transmitter was being used (such as the Immersion RC) is the Anti-interference board really necessary ?

(It looks like it could be quite a tight fit if one wanted to install an iOSD mini, CAN BUS and the AIB inside the P2 shell, especially as it would seem that DJI haven't been particularly generous with the length of ribbon cable supplied with the AIB).

Thanks WW

WessexWyvern said:
Am I right in saying that the Anti-interference Board is not to remove the jello effect as is mentioned in some places on t'internet but it is actually to prevent interference with the FPV transmitter ?

I think I have also read that it is specifically used to prevent interference with the AVL58 transmitter. Does anyone know if this is also correct ?

Apparently jello can be caused by incorrect power. See here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13211&start=20#p121424

Jaybee said:
WessexWyvern said:
Am I right in saying that the Anti-interference Board is not to remove the jello effect as is mentioned in some places on t'internet but it is actually to prevent interference with the FPV transmitter ?

Apparently jello can be caused by incorrect power. See here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13211&start=20#p121424

I'm pretty sure the jello effect can occur at any power setting, you can see this as this diesel engined vehicle idles, accelerates and decelerates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qC0_nIUq9s

It could be worse when the power setting causes the air frame to hit it's resonant frequency.

WessexWyvern said:
...(It looks like it could be quite a tight fit if one wanted to install an iOSD mini, CAN BUS and the AIB inside the P2 shell, especially as it would seem that DJI haven't been particularly generous with the length of ribbon cable supplied with the AIB).

Thanks WW

DJI didn't intend for anyone to install things inside. All the cables are out the bottom that you need to connect to.

Isn't that more for ease of installation though?

Does anyone know if the AIB is designed specifically to prevent interference with the AVL58 (thereby making it redundant if other RF transmitters are installed) ?

WessexWyvern said:
I'm pretty sure the jello effect can occur at any power setting, you can see this as this diesel engined vehicle idles, accelerates and decelerates.

Read what ianwood is saying here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13349#p121598

Jaybee said:
Cr8tive_leo said:
DJI didn't intend for anyone to install things inside. All the cables are out the bottom that you need to connect to.
This is the problem starting a similar thread, where all this is already being discussed elsewhere.

Read this: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.0_en.pdf

And this: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11987

That was one of the resources that raised the question. I thought it was worth trying to find the definitive answer to thongbong's question "Do you know if it is only for the ALV58 or all vTx in general?" viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11987&start=10#p116717 directed at FASTFJR in this post viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11987&start=10#p116646 in an easy to find location as it could be significant for non-Avl58 users.

(The PDF that shows the mounting of the AIB inside the airframe is what prompted me to ask if it was necessary for all types of TX as that location is also a useful spot to mount the CAN BUS).

I should add I am dubious that it would be to reduce jello (for the reasons I have shown above) it's not isolated to gimbals or aerial photography and is a function of the way the CMOS sensor in the camera scans from top to bottom but I did raise the question in the initial post as I have no real data to back this up.

Cr8tive_leo said:
Jaybee said:
Read this:...

Read ops text, "... could be quite a tight fit if one wanted to install an iOSD mini, CAN BUS and the AIB inside the P2 shell,..."

:evil:

Ah ok, my bad. I thought you meant the interference board ;)

WessexWyvern said:
That was one of the resources that raised the question. I thought it was worth trying to find the definitive answer to thongbong's question "Do you know if it is only for the ALV58 or all vTx in general?" .

Cool man. I am not the forum police or anything ;) ask what you want of course! It's just that this 3D fiasco is confusing enough, clearly it's continuing to confuse me at times :D .

Best of luck with all this... somebody wake me up when there is a stable H3-3D I can buy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT