What have the BBC got against drones?

Reaction score
I've just seen the most inaccurate, biased report on BBC Breakfast on drone usage. Totally beyond belief. They had a fella on from some tech company who clearly had a vested interest. He's invented the drone catcher, which is basically a massive net. The report completely focussed on terrorists and criminals who smuggle drugs into prisons, and the general menace that drones are in society. No mention of the fact that this a completely harmless hobby for 99.9999999% of users. Pure scare mongering, and unbelievably lazy and ill informed journalism, designed specifically to put the wind up the general public.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well it is a reality and is going on with unscrupulous pilots, we will foot the bill or regulations and they will remain unaffected by any laws or changes enforced, such is life :(

It is a reality, that's true. But the report was unbelievable sensationalism, and would give anyone the impression that all drone operators are at best, peeping toms and at worst arch criminals.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thats the BBC for you, when im out flying mine i sometimes get people coming over to talk to me, i give them a go wearing the goggles etc and answer any questions they ask, these people will have a different view/perspective to what the BBC etc pump out. They do get sensationalised for all the wrong reasons, you only have to browse YouTube to see the beauty and fun they are capable of bringing to the big screen but this will be ignored as terrorism is a very real threat and public safety and such must be put first, i do expect some heavy regulations being applied here sadly.

The BBC (and others) follow a very political agenda so i would assume the EU have something to do with it.

Hi, I watched this report also this morning and agree with all your comments on this thread. I have had many comments when out flying and I must admit most have been favourable, but we will always get someone who dislikes them on the privacy grounds, or for criminal activity.
Sadly more regulations will come in the coming months as Santa is on the way and it is expected that drones will be on top of the list of presents for buddy aerial film makers, making the skies even more full of irresponsible flyers because you can't call them PILOTS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan