Weird firmware issue

Reaction score
Just got a brand new Advanced and going through the update procedures. The controller updated just fine and reports that the aircraft/camera/battery needs an update. Followed all of the instructions carefully and it seems that it's just not taking it. When I fire up the aircraft with the SD card in, it boots up and then I hear 2 short beeps that repeat over and over from the gimbal. At first, I thought that this was the normal process, but after waiting 2 hours, the sounds haven't changed. The LED on the gimbal never turns on or flashes green or red. I've tried 3 or 4 different SD cards and have formatted them every time (tried both FAT and FAT32). It seems like it's trying to do the update but something isn't right. Of course, it's Saturday and support isn't available. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Just got a brand new Advanced and going through the update procedures. The controller updated just fine and reports that the aircraft/camera/battery needs an update. Followed all of the instructions carefully and it seems that it's just not taking it. When I fire up the aircraft with the SD card in, it boots up and then I hear 2 short beeps that repeat over and over from the gimbal. At first, I thought that this was the normal process, but after waiting 2 hours, the sounds haven't changed. The LED on the gimbal never turns on or flashes green or red. I've tried 3 or 4 different SD cards and have formatted them every time (tried both FAT and FAT32). It seems like it's trying to do the update but something isn't right. Of course, it's Saturday and support isn't available. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
What happens when you turn the bird on without the SD card?
I would re download the FW bin file once again. Place on card again. Give it another try.
You could have a corrupted bin file.
Good luck!

What happens when you turn the bird on without the SD card?
I would re download the FW bin file once again. Place on card again. Give it another try.
You could have a corrupted bin file.
Good luck!
If I boot without the card in, I don't get any camera feed and the gimbal goes limp after 15 or so seconds. I've tried downloading the file 3-4 times and even tried windows vs mac too :-\

If I boot without the card in, I don't get any camera feed and the gimbal goes limp after 15 or so seconds. I've tried downloading the file 3-4 times and even tried windows vs mac too :-\
No LED status from the gimbal could point to a hardware issue.
Double check the connections if you can see them above the gimbal to the Phantom.
Make sure all connections are solid.
Otherwise you might want to return it for an exchange.
Hope you get it figured out.

No LED status from the gimbal could point to a hardware issue.
Double check the connections if you can see them above the gimbal to the Phantom.
Make sure all connections are solid.
Otherwise you might want to return it for an exchange.
Hope you get it figured out.
Would it still be a hardware issue if the camera does its startup sequence? I looked at the ribbons which appear to be secure. Man, was really hoping to fly it this weekend.

Would it still be a hardware issue if the camera does its startup sequence? I looked at the ribbons which appear to be secure. Man, was really hoping to fly it this weekend.
I hear ya man! I still believe there is some issue with the connection between the AC and Gimbal.
If you just purchased it, I would consider sending it back. There are several connections between the gimbal and AC. Over 2 dozen connections. It only takes one of those connections to be at fault.

I hear ya man! I still believe there is some issue with the connection between the AC and Gimbal.
If you just purchased it, I would consider sending it back. There are several connections between the gimbal and AC. Over 2 dozen connections. It only takes one of those connections to be at fault.
Thanks so much for the help!

Thanks again for the advice. I believe it was definitely a hardware issue. Received my new unit today and first try the firmware update was successful. After firing up the new one, I realized that the former unit was MUCH louder at idle than this one as well. Something was really wrong!

Can't wait to fly tomorrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan