Week 5 and no response from DJI Support

Reaction score
Since my Phantom 2 Vision plus fell from the sky 6 weeks ago, for power failure right after a fresh battery install, DJI has yet to contact me. I suspect it will be the last day of week 6 before I hear from them. They should have read my report and simply replaced the item being that is was only two months old. DJI's demise will be for their lack of customer service and support.

Reactions: Mike Stephens
I'd suggest getting as comfortable as you can and prepare for a wait. My sixth week ended 4 days ago. I called many times last week and finally got past the too busy to take your call try it later messages to speak with a human that after typing a thesis stated that my unit was still being serviced with no estimated time of completion and that they would email me when it was finished. Tuesday makes 7 weeks after receiving my "item in service queue" email and 9 weeks it's been in DJI's hands... My P2v+v3 was 2 weeks old when she went down (165') hard.

I under stand they just completed the move to their new facility and are getting into operation again. However due to the move they are backed up and will probably take an additional two weeks to catch up. All you can do is wait and be patient.

Thank all for your replies. I do not feel so alone now. I just hope to get it repaired, or replaced and hope never to have another incident.

Oh you're not alone! I just wish I had taken the funds spent on 2 p2v+ and put to my hex...

After 8 weeks in the repair queue at DJI I finally received communication that they replaced my p2v+v3 with a factory certified refurb unit and it's being sent out via fedex.

So the breakdown for others in repair queue hell:
June 4th package delivered via UPS
June 16th unit entered repair queue
August 12th unit replaced with refurb and being shipped.

Reactions: Falcon2015
After 8 weeks in the repair queue at DJI I finally received communication that they replaced my p2v+v3 with a factory certified refurb unit and it's being sent out via fedex.

They replaced a 2 week old Phantom with a refurb unit? I know the P2V+ are probably no longer in production, but they couldn't find a single brand spanking new one for you? If that's the case, a fair exchange IMO would have been a new P3.

That's the way I feel about it as well. However, Since I've already started collecting components to build my own 800mm hex I will let my money speak for me. I was saving for a p3pro...

Reactions: Nerius

So the breakdown for others in repair queue hell:
June 4th package delivered via UPS
June 16th unit entered repair queue
August 12th unit replaced with refurb and being shipped.

Congrats!! I am in week 7 and they told me that DJI will replace, or repaired based on what the technician feels is appropriate. I cannot believe they have not set policy on replacement, or repairs. They leave it to the tech to decide. I guess I will cross my fingers and hope for the best .

If you got the last new p2v+v3 I'm gonna be pissed ;-)

What pisses me off the most is the 8 week queue to tell me I'm getting a refurbished unit after sending in a 2 week old system... WTF?! Why not offer me an option to upgrade to a p3 with a small fee? I mean this system was brand new and obviously had some issues to crash like that. Customer service is ****.

I'd suggest getting as comfortable as you can and prepare for a wait. My sixth week ended 4 days ago. I called many times last week and finally got past the too busy to take your call try it later messages to speak with a human that after typing a thesis stated that my unit was still being serviced with no estimated time of completion and that they would email me when it was finished. Tuesday makes 7 weeks after receiving my "item in service queue" email and 9 weeks it's been in DJI's hands... My P2v+v3 was 2 weeks old when she went down (165') hard.

Was your incident a complete loss of power at 165'?

I don't think so. The starboard side of craft dropped hard seemed like it turned over and drove itself into the rear bumper of my vehicle. I was testing the galaxy tab s and noticed the craft wasn't responding to controls. a glance down at tablet to see the "control signal lost" message and she started RTH. After the message disappeared I tried to toggle the flight mode switch (top right) twice to regain control to no avail.

All I can say is this refurb better fly like a new one... I'm pissed.

Okay, after 8 weeks. DJI repaired my flight controller and Gimbal. They did not even want to speak with me about the loss of power, etc. I will not complain, even though it took a long time, they did fix it. It's on the way home now, and hope it flies well. I will admit that I have a little fear of flying again.

Glad your craft is coming home. I felt mine a couple batteries a few days ago. Seemed to be oscillating but will try it again later this weekend after an advanced calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl