Weak signal then no signal

Reaction score
Flew my Adv about 300 feet away. Got a weak signal warning then a screen that went blank with no signal. It started cycling from signal, to weak signal, to no signal.
During this cycling I somehow managed to activate the RH button.
It was a relief to see her head up and home.
Upon return it still was showing weak to no signal but I managed to regain control to land somehow.

A couple of things. My sdcard showed an error. I doubt it but could this have caused an issue related to this?
After the drone losses signal does it default to RH after a period of time automatically? I read the manual but it slips my mind.

Just after this incident I changed cards and battery. I rebooted the controller, DJI GO, and the flew without incident.

Kind of a mystery to me why this happened.

I was way out away from civilization also.

After the drone losses signal does it default to RH after a period of time automatically?
If you lose uplink, yes in approx 2 -3 seconds RTH will initiate. This does not apply to downlink...( I.E. Video Transmission )

If you lose uplink, yes in approx 2 -3 seconds RTH will initiate. This does not apply to downlink...( I.E. Video Transmission )
Thank you for pointing out the difference.
What are some causes for losing video signal?
I assume the warnings are different for video and signal loss? Separate warnings?
It all happened so fast.

There are numerous causes for signal loss. VLOS obstructions primarily. If you lose downlink, you only lose video and telemetry ( This may differ depending on aircraft you are flying.) but for the P3A and P3P they are on a single band of 2.4ghz with Lightbridge. When you lose uplink to the AC, you lose all RC control, which is not the case for video loss only. You will know when you lose uplink, the RC link indicator will turn from green to red, and there may be ( Unsure ) an audible indication from the RC itself ( Beeps).

Reactions: SHRED
For future reference:

REMOTE.PNG

I had something similar happen to me last Thursday. All of a sudden, the GO app said DISCONNECTED. The bird was about 1000 feet out, just within sight. I hit the return to home button and sure enough, I could hear it again after a few seconds.

I narrowed it down to a not-so-snug fitting micro USB cable to my tablet. The remote is still communicating to the AC but I could not see what the AC saw.

I realize this is not the same issue, but something to be aware of.

I had something similar happen to me last Thursday. All of a sudden, the GO app said DISCONNECTED. The bird was about 1000 feet out, just within sight. I hit the return to home button and sure enough, I could hear it again after a few seconds.

I narrowed it down to a not-so-snug fitting micro USB cable to my tablet. The remote is still communicating to the AC but I could not see what the AC saw.

I realize this is not the same issue, but something to be aware of.

Okay.. (p3p here) ... You have me thinking conspiracy theory.... For the first time ever, I experienced Exactly what you described one day last week (go app disconnected last week and actually closed itself out ? )..
I have never had any signal problems within that range in the past (Ive been flying the same route in the backyard for years).. Maybe its not coincidence ??

Okay.. (p3p here) ... You have me thinking conspiracy theory.... For the first time ever, I experienced Exactly what you described one day last week (go app disconnected last week and actually closed itself out ? )..
I have never had any signal problems within that range in the past (Ive been flying the same route in the backyard for years).. Maybe its not coincidence ??
I don't know about that. I had to have hit the USB cable. All my experimenting trying to determine the problem resulted in DISCONNECTED every time I touched that cable. I even did in flight intentionally to be sure I could land it manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka