Weak controller signal

Reaction score
So I had this happen numerous times while flying today and not sure why. My controller is showing all greens but the last dot. I have 12 satellites where I'm flying. Sometimes I'd go 60 m and others 322 m and it comes home. Any clue why it's happening?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have found the Phantom aerials to be a bit temperamental you are best making sure they face the Phantom as the signal radiates out from the faces and not out through the tips, i have fitted a couple of reflectors on mine and it made a massive difference to the distance but make sure the faces face the Phantom. I purchased my reflectors off ebay for a few pounds but you could easily make some to prove the point first :)

Reactions: iAm
the aerials radiate outwards all around but not much out the top. look at this item on ebay
371621785503 and you will see what i am talking about

I have one of those on there already. It was on the controller when I bought it

it sounds like you have a faulty transmitter or receiver, can you test it with another one at all, possibly borrow another transmitter and see if that cures the problem if it doesn't its likely to be the receiver the wire could have come detached from the board or a bad solder connection it might be as simple as that

Maybe it was an off day. I went out today with everything fully charged. I turned it back once I hit 545 meters. Thought that was plenty far for me

if you fly these anywhere near power lines or transmitters then can be affected quite badly, 545 meters thats well far enough any further and you would be better off driving there and taking off again lol:). But if it happens again and you are out in clear air i would suspect a loose connection but its sounding good at the moment

Ha ha yea I know. I just wanted to test some distance

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel