Waypoint flying: Your suggestions on a good application.

With my Android, I use Ultimate Flight. Much better than Litchi. I don't know why it is not mentioned here. This is a great program with better flight programming functions.

I used to use Android devices for my P2V including phones and a Samsung tablet. I got a P4 this year and initially used my Samsung Galaxy 7. After two flights, I decided to try out using my iPad pro which was also new. It was awesome! I could never go back. Bought Litchi around Feb. or Mar. and it is also awesome.

I wouldn't have bought an iPad just to use as a monitor for a drone but I have so many uses for the iPad, adding drone use is a no brainer.

When I used the phone and even the smaller tablet I typically watched the craft more than the monitor. Now, I watch the monitor considerably more than the craft. This has made my videos much better.

Using waypoints was the last thing on my mind until I wanted to get a shot that was impossible to get manually. (POI around a monument that is 570' tall) Litchi allows you to do this without exceeding the 400' limit etc. But it's much more than that! Some of my best videos were missions using Litchi.

Geo
Class G airspace has no limit in altitude for hobbyist flight. Just for future reference!

Good deal! Now Litchi will mean something worth flying with. Let GJI GO go.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Jim, quick question I haven't found an answer for yet...
Setting up missions on an Ipad...how do you insert a POI? On laptop, it is a right click...can't seem to figure out how to insert one on the iPad while on location. Thanks.

Jim, quick question I haven't found an answer for yet...
Setting up missions on an Ipad...how do you insert a POI? On laptop, it is a right click...can't seem to figure out how to insert one on the iPad while on location. Thanks.
At the top of the screen, slightly to the right you should see a blue coloured icon with a yellow cross on it. You can also delete a POI when you open it up, same icon but with a red line through it.

At the top of the screen, slightly to the right you should see a blue coloured icon with a yellow cross on it. You can also delete a POI when you open it up, same icon but with a red line through it.

Good idea when you are running Litchi, but I was in Mission Hub trying to set up a mission for tomorrow. Didn't think to set it up in the Litchi App. I was in Chrome at the Mission Hub, and I didn't see a way to insert a POI. Laptop you right click, iPad, not sure how to right click!! LOL

Good idea when you are running Litchi, but I was in Mission Hub trying to set up a mission for tomorrow. Didn't think to set it up in the Litchi App. I was in Chrome at the Mission Hub, and I didn't see a way to insert a POI. Laptop you right click, iPad, not sure how to right click!! LOL
Yep just follow those last directions. Once you tap that icon and it changes color you can then touch the screen for a POI. Also it is a good idea to leave it on POI for safety. It’ll keep you from accidentally posting an additional waypoint where you don’t want one. You could mistakenly drop one several miles out of your intended route and see your drone “fly away”! It is usually better to create missions on the hub if you can.
Glad you are flying litchi.

Hi,

I've been flying for a month and am very interested in programming waypoint "missions". However my tablet (Galaxy TAB E) is not one of the recommended ones and cannot run Litchi (not powerfull enough). I tried an iPad 3, but it won't cut it. In fact, even DJI Go won't install on the iPad. But works pretty well on my Galaxy TAB E Lite (!).

Do you know a good Waypoint flying application, other than Litchi, that could do the trick? I've already bought the drone (Phantom 4 Advanced), then 2 tablets (iPad and Galaxy TAB), 2 extra batteries.. And my budget runs too low to buy a third one, for the moment.

Any suggestions?

Al Haden aka Mr Aladdin (mostly flew carpets before..)

I've been running Litchi on my Galaxy Tab E with no issues thus far. Actually runs Litchi better than DGI Go! Plus 1 for the Tab-E it has built in location Technology GPS, Glonass to allow the follow-me features and others.
Apple products do not have built in GPS they use GMS or location tracking via cell tower ping so you must pay additional $$ for the Cellular models. Everyone has their preference and there is good data on this site to help. Good luck with your decision.

I've been running Litchi on my Galaxy Tab E with no issues thus far. Actually runs Litchi better than DGI Go! Plus 1 for the Tab-E it has built in location Technology GPS, Glonass to allow the follow-me features and others.
Apple products do not have built in GPS they use GMS or location tracking via cell tower ping so you must pay additional $$ for the Cellular models. Everyone has their preference and there is good data on this site to help. Good luck with your decision.
iPads do have GPS, but only on the cellular models

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Hmmm, never heard of it! I'll stick to Litchi until more is known about it.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
I looked at the reviews on "Ultimate Flight" and most of them were not good. I think I'll for sure stay with Litchi.
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18