Water proof YOUR phantom- Fly in rain and hail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't really addressed any of the points I made and simply keep deflecting on the issues at hand:
  • I never said you are making them for scientists. However in the testing phase of products (especially those with very bold claims), it is reasonable and prudent to test them scientifically.
  • OK so your Phantom 4 Pro has not had any issues through your tests. Without any control group testing there is nothing to say that a stock Phantom 4 would have fared any worse. That's part of what I was saying. I could just as easily draw a big circle in blue sharpie on the top of my Phantom 4 Pro and then show how that "magic circle" shields it from rain. Without any scientific testing, my claim would be every bit as valid as yours.
  • I never said that it needed to be submerged or turned it into a submarine. You are the one claiming that it is better protected in rain as compared to a stock Phantom, and that's what needs to be proven. The tests "make sense" to prove the claims in question. Just because you think the tests don't make sense, doesn't make that statement true.
  • Congratulations on having thousands of customers all over the world using wetsuits. The question still remains as to how well those Phantoms would have performed without any wetsuit. That again is where the tests come in.
  • Pouring a glass of water has nothing to do with surviving a hard wind-driven rainstorm. Sure it can be one of many tests, but that in itself says nothing.
  • I have no issue with your claim that the wetsuits are outstanding and well-manufactured products. They seem to be very high quality. My point of contention is if they are needed at all and if they can meet the claims you publish without the data to back up those claims.
  • Sure, it is difficult to find the right storm to run tests. Exactly why you need scientific tests under controlled conditions. A "rain room" with controlled rainfall rate and wind conditions is needed.
  • Again you mention all of the working Phantoms with wetsuits and that the best tests are in the real world. You are missing the whole point of needing to compare against a stock Phantom under test conditions. Otherwise all of your thousands of real world tests mean nothing.
I notice you did not comment on my question of backing up your claims with any warranty, should the Phantom suffer any water damage in "real world" conditions with a properly installed wetsuit.

Happy Flying!

I asked for side by side testing roughly 8 months ago. I was met with hostility and then told it was a great idea and about how much more money they would make once they did this testing.

I am still awaiting the tests and the results from them.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

All I can say is that my P3P and my P3S before it - they both got caught out in the rain more than once and neither suffered any problems. I admit that as soon the rain started - I did RTH ... landed and straight indoors to let them dry out.

The only reason my P3S is no longer functional is that it took a swim in the river when I flew too long on the battery.

Nigel

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Sorry guys this thread has gone back into the "Familiar" waters and no need to keep bashing the same ole same.

*** Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak