water crash repairs

Reaction score
Wanted to share my water crash experience. I was in a gully over a creek in Helen Georgia last week (fresh water). GPS signal was in and out as was wifi.. this should have been my first warning to bring 'er home but noooooo.. I wanted to fly under a bridge. Well I totally lost control under the bridge, crashed into the under side of the bridge and landed with 2 broken props, 1/2 submerged right in the middle underneath the bridge. After much wading in cold rushing water and while standing on a log, I reached for it. Just as I reached for my precious PV2 (already feeling guilty about putting the poor thing at unnecessary risk) it washed away. It sank but I was able to grab it off the bottom. Bottom line... partially submerged for about 4-5 minutes. Fully submerged for 30 seconds. Took her home and immediately started completely disassembling (as much as possible) and drying all parts. Hubby and I disassembled almost everything including the camera and cables... basically everything we could. Blow dried the motors and dropped everything small (including gps boards, etc) into bags of rice. Let the whole thing sit for 3 days while we made our way back to FL from GA. As we reassembled, we used compressed air to spray any rice dust or any matter out of all parts then we sprayed everything ( and I mean EVERYTHING) with CRC aviation corrosion block. Don't confuse this with WD-40 as it is totally different. Much to my pleasant surprise my PV2 became fully functional again. The only problem I'm having at this point is I can't get a wifi connecton. My phone recognizes the DJI wifi but only for a moment and then displays the message "Can't connect to the network." Any suggestions?

I've run into a similar situation...and NO guarantee on this ...!!, but what I ended up doing was resetting the Range Extender...that is the tiny button near the power switch. After doing that, I could get a stable WiFi connection, but NO camera image. Re-binding the iPhone / camera.. took care of that. Hope you still have the "QR" code from the side of your shipping box! The "re-binding" option is in the DJI app, under "Settings". I had to go thru the process a few times before I got it to work, might have been "operator error"..!!

Good luck...it sounds like you are close to flying again....and I'll bet NOT under that bridge this time..[Grins]

Hi, i had a similar experience with my Phantom 3 4k. Crashed and fell into a tiny stream of fresh water. I dried the quad and put it back together with a new battery. The gimbal, GPS, motors and controller bindings seem to work. Its just this wifi disconnection after about 5 minutes of initiation that is a problem. I loose both the video feed and telemetry.
I doubt the wifi module below the VPS or one of the 2 antennas that plug onto this board. Tried everything else including resetting wifi (with the C1, C2 buttons). I haven't ordered a replacement board as i need to be sure it is damaged. Shipping these to India is expensive. Have you had any luck fixing your issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl