Walkera G2D jerkyness

Reaction score
I have noticed some slight left/ right jerkness in the video. Is that because it is a 2D gimble verses a 3D ? The quad can't move that fast so it has to be the gimble. It's not all the time. Maybe gain settings but I'm not sure if that can be changed on this gimble.

I have noticed some slight left/ right jerkness in the video. Is that because it is a 2D gimble verses a 3D ? The quad can't move that fast so it has to be the gimble. It's not all the time. Maybe gain settings but I'm not sure if that can be changed on this gimble.
I had this too with my white G-2D and tried everything to get rid of it, but it wasn't the gimbal.
Bought a set of tighter rubbers and that helped a little. But yesterday I found out that one of my rear motors is not vibration free, actually it has friction, because of cracks in the arm, right around the motor screw holes.

With a new shell I hope and expect the L-R vibration to be 99% gone.

I have been looking at some of my videos before the gimble and haven't seen the side to side jerkyness. It's minor but obvious. I have a small battery attatched to the rear of gimble mount above the controller for power. I wonder if that small weight could affect it. I think the mass would act as a damper. Also the weight does slightly make the gimble rear heavier which enlongates the rear rubbers and compress the front ones but not very much. Way too windy to fly today. I wonder if I hold the quad in place and power up if that would give me any decent test results while shooting video.. .

Today, not being able to fly because of the wind....I wanted to check the balance again with unpowered gimble. When I first put my Gopro 3 white in the gimble, it seemed to balance fine. I did have a mishap on taking off and hit the mud on takeoff. No damage. Cleaned off mud. Today, put camera back into gimble. With no power, it wants to tilt to the right as I face the front of quad and camera. Put a 4.5 gram nut directly above the camera LCD screen and it balances fine. What can cause the change? Without camera mounted, the spring in rear motor assembly will flip the camera holder to my right. Can the spring lose tension that quickly? Don't think so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl