Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

vPlus V3 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by flyNfrank, Mar 2, 2015.

1. flyNfrank

DJI has reduced the price on several things, but the vPlus is now $1099 or $1169 w/extra battery.

We can now come close to owning 3 new vPluses for the price of a new Inspire1.

Just curious, would you purchase a Inspire at say $1500 if it came without the lightbride?

2. landmannnn

I think the price drop will scare the competition who will have done their market research based on the old pricing...

In answer to your question, yes, probably.

3. N017RW

Time to fire the marketing researchers then if they did not anticipate such with a mature and near-obsolete high-tech toy.

4. landmannnn

Lol, I have never heard of anyone in marketing getting fired, they normally get promoted if they make mistakes!

5. aartsf

That is not marketing where you are talking about, but management

6. tcope

I bought my Vision Plus v3 from B and H photos a month ago for $1169 with extra battery. I think this included the periodical $200 price drop from DJI.

7. clayton4115

looks like V4 is coming soon...

8. rbhamilton

The inspire is amazing. Very tempting...

If I hadn't just dumped $300 into new batteries, $90 into a new controller, $60 into a new shell, $189 into a new WiFi module, ??? into props, ??? into repairs, $800 into a new camera, $200 into a case, ?? into new antennas... and $1300 into the Vision 2+... well then I'd have a stack of cash sitting beside me. I'd probably just buy the inspire.

As it is, I think I'll have to skip a generation or two and let my bank account recover before I buy something else. But look at it this way... by the time my bank account recovers I'l be buying the Inspire 3.0! :)

9. Larry L

If I can make a profit with my phantom, you can bet I will be looking hard at the inspire.