Vision Positioning System Calibration Error

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
I updated to the latest P4P firmware last week. Calibrated IMU and Compass before flight. I have two issues since, one minor (I think) and the other major.

The minor is when I start the aircraft, the gimbal keeps rotating (oscillating) between straight ahead and down.

The major is, as soon as I launched the bird, I got a VPS Calibration Error of the Forward sensors at the top of my iPad screen in red. The scrolling message was that precision hover and obstacle avoidance may not work. For the few minutes it was in flight, there did not seem to be any abnormal behavior. I tried all the basic movements with the bird just around 20 feet high and near me.

The first time it happened I brought the aircraft home, did the VPS calibration using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro Retina. The calibration was successful. But the second launch showed up the same error but this time of the Back-facing sensors (the Forward sensors were no longer an issue). So again I redid the calibration. Tested it again. The error (Back sensors) still persists.

How do I fix this?

Update: I did a firmware update again (It wasn't really an update since I already had the latest firmware. It was a rewrite.), this time using the DJI Assistant 2 (last week I did the update using the DJI Go App), then re-calibrated the IMU and VPS. No error now! I don't know what was the issue and how it got fixed (for now at least).

PS: All my prior settings got wiped out with the firmware update. What are the DJI software folks thinking?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94