Vision plus app

Also I saw that the auto flight works with the iPhone but it doesn't have any ground station capabilities. Any apps that have this ?

DJI "phantom flight" from "beyond the cube" works for me. iOS 9.0.2

Guys, after a bit of pressure asking for confirmation from DJI about the continuing support for the P2V+ and Vision application...this is what I received back from DJI Support. I should say that my original conversation was with the Europe Support but they escalated it after I asked some challenging questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear (Me),

This is Sophie from DJI HQ Tech Support team.

The crash problem is a known issue and our R&D engineer is working on a new version APP to fix this problem.
Please kindly keep an eye on our website for the update.
There are still many customers who are using our Phantom 2 series product, DJI would not drop support for the P2V+ or the Vision App.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take what you want from that reply, personally I am going to go with a third party SDK based app like Autoflight Logic and continue to use the P2V+ like I always have. If the Vision app ever gets sorted out properly then fine, but I would like to try some of the added functionality of the SDK stuff anyway. I should clarify, by Crash problem she means the DJI Vision App crashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViperNuke
Thanks Roy
I just purchased a new android tablet and installed litchi (costs $26 here in Aus) . Haven't had the chance to test it yet as It's night here but been playing with the settings. It looks amazing. I couldn't wait any longer for the vision app to be fixed.This looks like a really well put together app. Is there anything important I need to know before I test it tomorrow?
No just double check you height and distance and allow yourself enough battery for return flights. Just remember there are no distance restriction with the litchi app. The GS works great you can even use the draw and it will set the way points where needed. You can use the bank turns to get smooth turns during your flight. I also got the orbit and it wors really well to. With that you have to be within radio contact to orbit. The flip the GPS to atti and back to regain control or hit the return to home button. All nic features.

Thanks for the info, Royva. I'll keep Litchi in mind.

If the weather holds out this weekend I'm going to do some test flights with the Auto Flight Logic app, and see how well it works. Looks amazing so far but like I said, it's got a pretty steep learning curve. It's not just me flying our drone, but some of the geologists in the office too.

Nothing scarier than a geologist handling delicate electronic instruments!
Go to you tube and do a search on litchi app , very good info and instruction there.

I also like the litchi in that it give you a larger viewing area onscreen. Another plus.

Anyone know when litchi will be available for iOS?
Sorry, but do t think they are working on the platform. They have it for Android only. I bought a Nexus7 specifically for using Litichi and glad I did. I use the draw function on the Ground station tab and let it set the waypoints needed for my flight path. Very cool and very efficient. I use the banked turns and it gives me a really smooth turn and a good video. Check it out at www.flylitchi.com

Another advantage with Litchi is it shows you the home point right there on the screen before you launch and during the entire flight. There is little risk of it having been set or reset at some random location accidentally without you noticing because of a bad GPS fix.

For iOS I have used DJI phantom flight from beyond the cube.
TxPower - Phantom 2 Vision Plus TxPower Booster App
The reason I got it was to be able to save the waypoint missions. It works, it's stable and it appears to be a stripped-down version of the litchi. The author responds and is very helpful. The interface needs some work to make it more intuitive and the author is aware of this and working on it.

Litchi isn't helping any of use iPhone users and think that's what a lot of the questions are for.

Most good android stuff makes it over to iOS after it's been field tested and improved by users that are less fussy than those of us using Apple stuff. It's a good situation and I look forward to seeing Litchi on iOS. I just wish it was here now.

Hi friends,

Since the update iOS 9.1 that APP Dji Vision has a problem, because even with the last update on 11.12.2015 V. 1.0.54, can not I see the images on my iPhone6 screen. The screen goes black with a spinning wheel in the center, but can perform all operations (fly, shoot and shoot) with my Phantom 2 Vision + V. 3.0
It's disappointing because I'm flying blind to 2 months. The Dji must correct and launch new version of the APP as soon as possible, as there are several reports of people who are having the same problem.
It is problem of aircraft, as tested with an android phone and it worked perfectly.

Hi friends! So I have been flying my dji phantom2 vision plus. I have never had any issues and wondering should I even update the firmware!? Also anyone use that V3 fpv booster for the phantom 2 vision plus? It's made by Solomon mobile something. I'm thinking of trying it. Just wondering if it's worth the money. I'm now going to use the iPhone 6s Plus. Any advice friends?

Hi friends,

Since the update iOS 9.1 that APP Dji Vision has a problem, because even with the last update on 11.12.2015 V. 1.0.54, can not I see the images on my iPhone6 screen. The screen goes black with a spinning wheel in the center, but can perform all operations (fly, shoot and shoot) with my Phantom 2 Vision + V. 3.0
It's disappointing because I'm flying blind to 2 months. The Dji must correct and launch new version of the APP as soon as possible, as there are several reports of people who are having the same problem.
It is problem of aircraft, as tested with an android phone and it worked perfectly.

I have wondered about this issue with the IOS app,
If it worked fine with your IOS app and then APPLE changes the IOS and thus break the app.
WHY is that on DJI?
I do get that APPLE could care less what its OS breaks upon updates and it becomes an issue for that APP creator.
If it were Windows everyone would be complaining about Microsoft vs DJI.

Over the past 11 months on the forums a large percentage of issues "seem" to be IOS related , esp when Apple updates .

Before updating iOS or any apps:

1 - Close all apps.
2 - Shut off the iOS device then restart.
3 - Reset the iOS device.
4 - Update.
5 - Shut off the iOS device then restart.
6 - Reset the iOS device.
You are now updated with fewest possibilities for problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl