Vision+ gimbal acting up

Reaction score
So I just got my Vision+, and the gimbal is acting up. I tried to calibrate it, both basic and advanced, and nothing.
Checked the shaft that can come loose behind the camera, and it seems to be stuck pretty good and in level.
Any other things I can try apart from getting a new camera+gimbal? To me, it seems like it has problems with getting the camera "up" (pitch?)

Also, see video: http://youtu.be/U2_qv5uLvFg

Thats the thing, it seems like that joint is ok. The shaft seems level, and it wont separate from the gimbal unless I put some work into it.

I would do that but this is a used P2V+, that I got quite cheap, so I can afford to get a replacement cam+gimbal. However, before doing that I would like to try to fix it.

So, I can try anything really to get it to work. Any other tips that might be handy to try apart from the loose motor shaft behind the camera?

Trazor said:
I would do that but this is a used P2V+, that I got quite cheap, so I can afford to get a replacement cam+gimbal. However, before doing that I would like to try to fix it.

So, I can try anything really to get it to work. Any other tips that might be handy to try apart from the loose motor shaft behind the camera?

Im sorry but let me get this right...you bought a used V+ online for "cheap" and the gimbal doesnt work? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it would seem someone unloaded their problem onto you. This is why i never buy used technology. Not saying you cant afford a new one and I laud you for at least trying to search out a good deal but you should have just saved your money and bought a new one.

Anyway, with that said, you can try purchasing a replacement compass from someone like UAVdirect.com or helipal.com but i think that will be a waste of money to. however, it might be worth a try. I wish you well.

I was just thinking that it could be water damage. You would never have a way of knowing.

One more thing, you can always try to just give it the good ol American whack and hope it slaps the silly out of that gimbal.

smaugnaut said:
Im sorry but let me get this right...you bought a used V+ online for "cheap" and the gimbal doesnt work? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it would seem someone unloaded their problem onto you. This is why i never buy used technology. Not saying you cant afford a new one and I laud you for at least trying to search out a good deal but you should have just saved your money and bought a new one.

Anyway, with that said, you can try purchasing a replacement compass from someone like UAVdirect.com or helipal.com but i think that will be a waste of money to. however, it might be worth a try. I wish you well.

I was just thinking that it could be water damage. You would never have a way of knowing.

One more thing, you can always try to just give it the good ol American whack and hope it slaps the silly out of that gimbal.

You got it right, I did this knowlingly.

So, would the compass have anything to do with the workings of the gimbal?

Trazor said:
smaugnaut said:

You got it right, I did this knowlingly.

So, would the compass have anything to do with the workings of the gimbal?

I really dont think so but it was all i had to offer up for advice. Its only 19$ plus shipping but i dont think this will solve your problem. If it does great, if it doesnt at least you know its not the compass. Id like to know if you fix it so post back here if you do.

http://www.uavdirect.com/DJI-Phantom-2- ... ompass.htm

After more investigating, ive come to the conclusion that something might be wrong with the motor that controls the pitch of the camera. It really struggles with the pitch axis.
Ive tried doing some searches, but cant find any way to remove the camera from the gimbal to gain access to the motor and axle.
Anyone seen anything like this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl