Vision + Forum Poised to move Into First Place

Reaction score
This Vision + forum will likely become the most popular forum on Phantom Pilots during the first half of October.

At almost 45K posts in the short 5 months since the Vision + was launched, it will overtake the Vision forum currently at less than 47K posts.

During September, the Vision + forum gained about 7K posts while the Vision forum had about 1K. The interest in this forum seems to reflect the product success of the "complete package" of Phantom + Gimbal + HD Camera + FPV out of the box that is the Vision+.

It's hard to imagine a replacement for the Vision + that could create this level of differentiation from the previous generation product the Vision + has achieved over the Vision.

I'm looking forward to what DJI has coming next......and my bet is we will see the Vision + replacement released before Halloween.

Congrats to the Vision +

What do you think?

I can assure you most of us have kept an eye on that. But it's really just a matter of time with the growing numbers of pilots compared to the other models. If a Vision 3 came out it would be the same outcome as we have seen with this forum.

I saw your thread title and then your screen name and right away I said, I hope this guy has a decent post count cause I'm not familiar with you. Or I forgot who you are. Now that you brought it up, I will say that the P2V forum has always had the best of the best on this website. There is a large number of very loyal pilots in the P2V forum, and very knowledgeable as well.

I migrated from that forum and the absolute number one reason why has to do with there being a couple of hackers that created apps for the vPlus. Anytime there is something that will help extend the fun factor, and keep a brother from becoming burnt out so soon, I will without a doubt move in that direction.

And also now that you brought up the soon to happen deal, I think we need to get a promotional deal in place, like t-shirts or something. It would also be nice to see Adam drop in and toot his horn as well.

dirkclod said:
Ya Ya Ya What ya want , a trophy or something ;) I am sticking to my P2V with a RPG [soon I hope ] but I read in both .

Just Picking at ya :D

....and the fact that you sport a vPlus Range Extender. Wouldn't want anyone whistling the inbred song. :lol:

Funny that after many months of indecisiveness, one Saturday morning I broke down and ordered the Vision from MotionRC. I spent most of the day reading the manual, watching videos, & learning all I could about the aircraft. The very next day the Vision+ was announced! Fortunately my Vision order had not yet shipped and I was able to cancel. I originally did a pre-order with DJI and was in the que (think I was order 36xx), but then Dave's Discount Motors actually had them in stock. I ordered on Friday, got the 5% discount, and had it early Saturday morning. What an awesome day that was, and for me the beginning of a new era in RC excitement. :cool:

flyNfrank said:
I can assure you most of us have kept an eye on that. But it's really just a matter of time with the growing numbers of pilots compared to the other models. If a Vision 3 came out it would be the same outcome as we have seen with this forum.

I saw your thread title and then your screen name and right away I said, I hope this guy has a decent post count cause I'm not familiar with you. Or I forgot who you are. Now that you brought it up, I will say that the P2V forum has always had the best of the best on this website. There is a large number of very loyal pilots in the P2V forum, and very knowledgeable as well.

I migrated from that forum and the absolute number one reason why has to do with there being a couple of hackers that created apps for the vPlus. Anytime there is something that will help extend the fun factor, and keep a brother from becoming burnt out so soon, I will without a doubt move in that direction.

And also now that you brought up the soon to happen deal, I think we need to get a promotional deal in place, like t-shirts or something. It would also be nice to see Adam drop in and toot his horn as well.
I didn't say anything negative about the Vision Forum......I was merely trying to recognize the success of the V+ forum and look to the future wondering if the next generation Phantom will have a similar level of success. I made no personal claim to the success, but I hope I've contributed along the way regardless of the number of posts.

Dirty Bird said:
Funny that after many months of indecisiveness, one Saturday morning I broke down and ordered the Vision from MotionRC. I spent most of the day reading the manual, watching videos, & learning all I could about the aircraft. The very next day the Vision+ was announced! Fortunately my Vision order had not yet shipped and I was able to cancel. I originally did a pre-order with DJI and was in the que (think I was order 36xx), but then Dave's Discount Motors actually had them in stock. I ordered on Friday, got the 5% discount, and had it early Saturday morning. What an awesome day that was, and for me the beginning of a new era in RC excitement. :cool:
I was told by a dealer the Vision+ was coming and elected to wait the 2 weeks.....I have no regrets! but have had many happy days enjoying my P2V+. :)

RedRyderMedia said:
Dirty Bird said:
I was told by a dealer the Vision+ was coming and elected to wait the 2 weeks.....I have no regrets! but have had many happy days enjoying my P2V+. :)

I nearly pulled the trigger on the vision also. I saw the youtube ads made by DJI and how cool it was for the Vision and little did I know that the plus was in discussion in the youtube comments. I didn't know anything or understood the concept of what a brushless gimbal system did. I pulled the pin and waited 2 weeks. This 2 weeks was perfect time to practice on a $40 quad and read and watch more online vids. I think this 2 weeks saved my gimbal+camera.

RedRyderMedia said:
The interest in this forum seems to reflect the product success of the "complete package" of Phantom + Gimbal + HD Camera + FPV out of the box that is the Vision+.

Or maybe it's due to the amount of newbies whacking their V+ hard and then seeking a blame outlet (other than themselves, of course) on the + forum... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

happydays said:
RedRyderMedia said:
The interest in this forum seems to reflect the product success of the "complete package" of Phantom + Gimbal + HD Camera + FPV out of the box that is the Vision+.

Or maybe it's due to the amount of newbies whacking their V+ hard and then seeking a blame outlet (other than themselves, of course) on the + forum... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I think the influx of newbies (like me!) is one of the V+ success.....growth of the hobby, not just upgrades from previous models.

happydays said:
RedRyderMedia said:

I have read from this forum for a minute or two and I can not remember seeing any of what you mentioned. The most repetitive issue has been No Video. Yes there has been several gimbal threads created from newbies breaking theirs, but never any blame that I can think of.

As I mentioned I owned a couple P2V's prior to investing in the vPlus. And in comparison of the two, the vPlus is above the P2V. The 1st time I watched a recorded flight I was blown away feeling like vPlus fitted in with production video equipment. The 3 axis is what set it apart from the flights I was use to in the P2V's. As of right now the video on the vPlus has really taken a bad hit. It use to be really nice until a couple of updates ago.

It's already happened.

P2Vforum.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl