Reaction score
Today when I went to import footage from my SD card to my computer most of the footage I had filmed was missing. I filmed some stuff in the morning, crashed (nothing too serious I'm pretty sure, it was a short fall and didn't even break a propellor so I assumed it hadn't taken any damage, there was definitely no visible damage anywhere), and then went to film some other stuff somewhere else.

When I got back as I mentioned there were only three of about ten clips on the SD card. The strangest thing is that the three were all of the last three things I filmed, and they were numbered in the wrong order (not even backwards, the first clip I filmed was DJI_002, the second clip was DJI_003, and the third clip was DJI_001). All of the stuff from the morning was missing!

I checked online and some people mentioned that if you don't stop filming before turning off the Phantom this can happen. I remember doing this once (and specifically reminding myself not to do it again as I assumed it probably wasn't the best thing to do) and assumed I had for some reason done it the whole day. I then did some tests and recorded 8 random clips of varying lengths, all of which worked on the SD card. But then I went back out to film some stuff and again 3 clips were missing. The strange thing is that this time there were exactly three missing DJI_004-6, which matched exactly the three pictures I took, which were numbered DJI_004-6.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might have happened? I'm kind of freaking out since a drone that randomly deletes half your footage is a bit of a disaster!

Does anyone have any ideas about what might have happened? I'm kind of freaking out since a drone that randomly deletes half your footage is a bit of a disaster!
If you do not properly close a video file and allow the camera to write an end of file marker, the file can be overwritten by the next thing you try to video.
If you do that multiple times that would explain what you are seeing.
Always hit the stop button and allow a few seconds for the file to be closed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan