Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

VIDEO: Understanding Airspace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemotePilot101, Sep 13, 2016.

1. RemotePilot101

Approved Vendor

Charts and airspace play such a huge role not only in our everyday operations but also on the FAA Part 107 knowledge test. Last week myself and the team at RemotePilot101 handled over 1,000 support tickets/live chat requests and the common theme was airspace.

So I put together a quick video for you guys to gain a better understanding of airspace. Enjoy - Jason

2. cdusher

Right on the mark. It was a LOT different than what I expected.
    I had not seen your site and took a different online source.
    I would not have passed without it, as you stated it was much harder than any practice tests I took.
    A lot more metar, taf, and chart related questions than I was seeing in practice tests.
    I feel extremely lucky to have passed. For 100 bucks I may try yours and continue to review material. Two years is not a long time.

#2 cdusher, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    RemotePilot101 likes this.
  3. DAVEJF

very informative and clearly explained. On the basis of your video I think I am right in my assumption in this post. Is that your view?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

4. RemotePilot101

Approved Vendor

Hey Dave,

I'm just not as familiar with UK airspace especially without seeing it on a chart. As what you call Class A and what we call Class A are two totally different things.

5. Woodsong

Already passed my 107 exam but just wanted to say this is a very well done video!
    You did a very good job discussing Class E airspace and flying under to 700' shelf which is a subject I had raised here on the forum a while ago and, in my opinion, lack of clarity on that specific issue in any of the free FAA material. Well done video!

RemotePilot101 likes this.
  6. DAVEJF

Ok, not to worry. Your explanation highlighted the fact that airspace is 3-dimensional and that you could be inside the markings for classified airspace on a chart without necessarily impinging on that airspace, dependent upon your altitude

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

7. RemotePilot101

Approved Vendor

Thank you my friend! You're correct class E airspace can be so tough to understand but I'm always here if you guys have any question or need help.

8. Enrico Schaefer

Approved Vendor

If you are looking to obtain authorizations from the FAA in controlled airspace (B, C, D, E), we have a free training video series here.

https://www.dronelaw.pro/box/clkn/http/www.dronelaw.pro/part-107-waivers/

We also broke down Kevin Morris' (of FAASTeam Program Manager from the Minneapolis Flight Standards District Office) insightful webinar on FAA airspace authorizations here.

Part 107 Airspace Authorization- FAA Webinar Overview - Hire a Drone Law Attorney - Fly Under FAA Part 107

bon appetit