Video transmission errors?

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading to FW 1.7 on my P3A, and upgrading to the latest Go app, I'm seeing these strange black overlays on my images in the Go app - I'd never had video transmission issues with 2.4.3.

The images on the card are fine, and so are all my videos, it's just in the app - sometimes while flying I notice a brief interruption on my screen where the video disappears for a second and then returns and am thinking these blackouts are appearing in the photo sequence in the Go app. Wondering whether I should go back to an earlier version of the app...has anyone else experienced this?

8cd680bfd52bb3871e007eaaae58e5fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The guys are gonna ask; what tablet are you using? With what version OS? That might help them if they know a little more

iPhone 6+ with IOS 9.3.1, 15cm new Apple cable.

Have the same issue!!!!! Ever since updating everything I get that now. I don't understand why they can't leave crap alone. It was working awesome now this. Thanks DJI!!!!

Have the same issue!!!!! Ever since updating everything I get that now. I don't understand why they can't leave crap alone. It was working awesome now this. Thanks DJI!!!!

First rule of dji products: when everything works fine, never update.

Reactions: marzipana

Well, for what it's worth, I had a back up of version 2.4.3, and I just restored my phone. I'll see whether the issue happens again next flight - if it does, it's obviously something else awry :(

Reactions: Reed L
Plus you never know what could happen when the IOS is updated.

Since the P4 came out, it takes precedence over the P3 at DJI, I wouldn't update past 1.6.4 until any fw update has been proven to work perfectly for everyone.

Reactions: alokbhargava
You could try deleting cached data.

How do clear cache data? From app I'm assuming.??? Thanks.

Since the P4 came out, it takes precedence over the P3 at DJI, I wouldn't update past 1.6.4 until any fw update has been proven to work perfectly for everyone.

Can we rollback to 1.6.4?

There is an option to save local copy when recording video. You could try clearing that cache as it could be corrupt. Simple thing. Can't hurt to try.

Today I flew again and had the same issue, after going back to Go app 2.4.3 on an iPad Mini 4 I've never used before, so I'm assuming it's not the app...I deleted the video cache after flying, although I wasn't connected to the P3 when I did this, not sure if you need to be? It did tell me the cache was 0.0 after clearing it.

The video cache is on the tablet. So no need to be connected to p3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl