Video starts recording, then stops.

Reaction score
I've been having this problem since last night where the video will start recording and then stop after 16 secs. I have one of the best sd cards. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe I should reformat it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Uninstall the app. Connect your pc to your device and delete anything that say DJI on it.
Re-install the app. Work for me and I have exactly same problem you describe.
You will lose you flight logs. If you are using an older app, you will have to find the apk to re-install.

I'm using an iPad mini, and don't have access to my Pc. Seems like all these problems happened with the new update. My gimbal motor doesn't start up one the first power up. I have to turn the phantom on twice to get the gimbal to work.

Last edited:
Isn't there a way to upload your flight logs so they are saved?

I guess you can sync your records to the server. Just did that

Hi guys....I was having this same trouble so I searched the threads and found this one. Delete the app? What if I'm flying using Litchi? Delete it and start over? I just re-loaded litchi the other day. Could it be doing it through the Dji in the background somehow? I just had this issue ruin a cool *** shoot that I've been trying to get done for months. NOT happy....

This is 99% down to a crappy sd card, go buy a decent class 10 one, I use many 16gb San disk extreme 60mb/s 400x works flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
I actually shot onto two different cards today. One was a good Sandisk 8gb, the other some crappy off brand. The video was going on and off with both cards, but it was REALLY bad with the crappy card. I just reformatted my Sandisk card and took a quick flight. I only had 38% battery at take off, so it was a short one, but the video didn't hiccup at all. I will see how things go again tomorrow.

Just started having this issue myself. Only happens when flying with litchi tho. Using a class 10 SanDisk so I know it's not the card. Going to try reformatting the card in litchi to see if that helps.

I have changed a few things since I posted on this a month ago.
1-Bought a new 32gb card that is identical to the original DJI card that came with P3. It is just bigger.
16gb vs 32gb.
2- I perviously cut and paste the videos from the card to my computer.
Now I copy and paste. On the status screen when starting up I then format the card
to get rid of the old files. Just deleting or cutting does not get rid of hidden files.

I have not had any problem since and I must have 40 flights or more.

The best way to test is just use the original card and format in the AC on start up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl