Video signal from P4P to phone is awful!

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with their video signal constantly cutting in and out? I'm talking every two seconds! I've had flights where this wasn't a problem. However, I was at a real estate shoot over the weekend, and the problem persisted through 5 reboots...

Anyone else have issues with their video signal constantly cutting in and out? I'm talking every two seconds! I've had flights where this wasn't a problem. However, I was at a real estate shoot over the weekend, and the problem persisted through 5 reboots...
There are many posts here showing that you are not alone. People have been told for quite a few weeks that DJI is working on a fix. What worked for me is to use Litchi instead of DJI Go 4 to connect to my P4P.

Last edited:
I was good and then it started breaking up on a regular basis. I found out the culprit in this case was my lightning cable. Replaced it and all good since. Do you have a spare you could try?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you are at the limits of signal reception (long range flight) then some video breakup is normal of course, but if you are within visual sight range and are seeing poor video then something is wrong. Checking the cable is a good idea, sometimes they can go flakey in the strangest ways. Also perhaps there was a lot of interference and trying the other band can help.

For what I experienced on the Ipad Air, it is a video processing problem on the tablet. The same P4P video feeding on the iphone 7 has no issue at all. GO App 4 is processing power hungry probably and "old" tablet/phone can show glitches...
Strange it happens on a Galaxy S7, recent and very powerful phone...

Mini ipad 2 and feed is terrible too especially when filming 4k 60fps
The only workaround is to reduce bandwith to 6mbps in custom options

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan