Video format

Reaction score
Does the P3A have 4k capability please.

Also when I land I use the both joysticks in and down, but quite often the drone tilts over jams 2 props and motors scream for a couple of seconds befiore shutting off. Is it Better to bring it down to a few feet above ground than tap the auto land button?

P3A only goes up to 2K (I think that's it's limit). 4K and a couple of other features are what make the P3P the Pro.

Landing is a learned art in regards to powering down. You can hold the left stick down and hold it there till the motors power off. AutoLand is an option as well. We hand catch about 99.9999% of the time.

Thanks for that. No wonder I couldn't find where to change video size. Sigh!
I presume if your hand catching there are 2 of you when flying, is that correct?

Reactions: BigAl07
I presume if your hand catching there are 2 of you when flying, is that correct?
The P3 Advanced has a choice of three video resolutions
Video Recording Modes
  • 2.7K: 2704 x1520p 24/25/30 (29.97)
  • FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60
  • HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60
Look a little more around the video settings to find them.
Hand catching is commonly done by the person doing the flying.

Reactions: BigAl07

Also when I land I use the both joysticks in and down, but quite often the drone tilts over jams 2 props and motors scream for a couple of seconds befiore shutting off. Is it Better to bring it down to a few feet above ground than tap the auto land button?

Both sticks down and in (or out) is called a CSC. I always use CSC to start my motors before takeoff, but never to stop them after landing - that will usually result in a tip over. And never do a CSC while it's in the air!

Just use left stick all the way back to shut motors off after it's on the ground.

Negative. We establish a stable hover with the aircraft slightly above eye level a few feet away. Then advance to the aircraft with controller in left hand and grasp the aircraft on one of the vertical landing supports. Once you have a firm grip on the aircraft lower the left stick fully and hold it there. In approx 3 seconds the motors will stop and you will be supporting the aircraft.

Public Service Announcement: Wear eye protection. Foresight is better than no sight.

But yes, anything other than a hand catch seems weird now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72