Video editor program

Reaction score
Ok I am fairly new to this and looking for a decent video editing program that is not to hard to use at first and not to crazy in price any help is appreciated

Somebody recommended this one to me Filmora

It's supposed to be one of the easiest, but I'm still too dumb to figure it out. :eek: It has an "easy" setting though which is pretty much automatic, and yes, even I can work that!

I've been using wondershare and it works great.
free trial version or for around 35.00 you get the program

Was using windows movie maker which is super easy.

Now use sony vegas pro 13 which needs a bit of time to get the hang of.

Define 'crazy price.' For some folks, $10 is too much. For others, $10,000 is cheap.

10$ is to cheap would rather get a free one. but not looking to pay 300 for one seeing not doing this for a perfusion or trying to make any money just personal hobby.

I use Pinnacle Studio 19, $60 to $119 depending on desired capabilities. It seems easy to me to use but I've used their product for years. Whatever you choose, check out YouTube training first to make sure it's easy for you to come to speed.

Reactions: Dounin Front
First, what OS? That would narrow down recommendations greatly. Second, please use the search feature as this question has been asked about 100 times now. Plenty of threads on this subject.

Asking for opinions about Editing Software is like asking about religion.

You edit with your brain - the NLE is just a tool.

There is no bad editing software, just bad editors. Your editing program is just a tool. If your tools don't do the job, it's time for a new tool.

I am absolutely certain that you will find few unbiased responses to the question: "Which editor should I learn and use"? You are discovering the "Baby Duck Syndrome" which denotes the tendency for editors to "imprint" on the first system they learn, then judge other systems by their similarity to that first system. The result is that users generally prefer systems similar to those they learned on and dislike unfamiliar systems.

My advice is simple. Most of the modern NLE programs offer free trials:

Sony Vegas
Avid
Premiere (Warning - ransomeware*)
Corel Video Studio
Majix Movie Edit
Lightworks
Grass Valley EDIUS Neo

Davinci Resolve is also a reputedly good NLE, but they don't have a demo. Because it's free. Even so, it may be a bit daunting for a beginner.

There's dozens of others. All have some strengths and all have some limitations. It costs nothing but time to try all of them with a test project and select the one that best fits your needs.

Finally: Use what works for you and will make your clients happy. Try them out. All the NLE programs are great... and they all suck! They are just tools and in today's world they all will get the job done. But as tools go, some are better than others for certain jobs. The right answer for me could be the wrong one for you.

Hope this helps.

*Ransomware: Adobe sucks you in with low monthly "rent", which sounds good until you realize that it's a lifetime commitment.

Some will tell you that Adobe is "the standard".
"Why is Adobe the industry standard?"
"Because every studio uses it."
"Why does every studio use it?"
"Because it's the industry standard."

Go pro studio. Basic but very quick and easy to use with great results.

Adobe premiere elements 14

SteveMan is correct I learned on Lightworks (LW) for editing my phone videos but unfortunately LW is unable to handle the higher quality of 4k the playback is extremely laggy then freezes. I would recommend Davinci Resolve, it requires a higher graphics card (probably just a newer computer because mine did not work) and has a steep learning curve.

Make sure you get one that supports LUT's. There are good ones out there that will make your phantom video look spectacular without extensive color grading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart