Very interesting pocket drone

Looks cool for sure. Definitely a fan of the folding compact design. Slick and they seem like convincing salesmen. I look forward to seeing more details and testing on it. Thx for posting.

J

Nice find!

What an awesome design.. foldable, can carry a gopro, up to 20 minutes airtime, controllable with tablet or DSM rc... has a 'follow me' mode too!

Thank goodness it's on Kickstarter... I wouldn't back it if it were on Indiegogo...

What I find interesting is that they've already hit 10x the goal and they still have a month and a half to go.

Looks like most of the body is 3d-printed, and the folding props might end up being available separately as well.

I've ordered one. They are updating the operating software on the fly so that issues and features will be installed and debugged by Shipping time in June. There is a question about gimbals, and they know it. It will be interesting to see if they can hang one under it. Powerful, three motors, and apparently well balanced to limit vibration. We'll see. But it looks like it can easily lift a plastic boxed gopro so it should have no problem naked with a gimbal.

Yeah I looked at this i thought it was pretty cool . I really do not understand follow me mode .. it must talk to your phone and grab it coordinates or however that works . So I know my phone does not get a good bead with gps when it is in my pocket or back pack . Which means I have to carry it or attach it to my bike ..which seems odd . I hope it works and will look forward to hearing what people think . They really have gone past their goals which is great . Only downside to that is that release dates gets pushed back a lot once they start to get in the devil in the details work. I have bought several things off kickstarter (pebble , gamestick to name a few) and as these things exploded with crowd source funding ..there plans had to change drastically due to volume (not a bad thing) but things were delayed and delayed . In fact I am still waiting for a piece for the gamestick I ordered which they havent even built yet .

Very cool though

drone4me said:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdroids/the-pocket-drone-your-personal-flying-robot/description

Hmmm. That video is virtually content free. Very few detailed images of this thing. Doesn't appear the camera has any sort of gimbal. Also, why is the GoPro In a case? Wasted weight and volume I'd think. Nothing about battery size. How long can it fly? What the heck is "follow me" mode? Never followed kick start or anything like that. I'd say investor beware. Under $500? I think the non gimbal phantom is like $650.

All good points. But these guys are US based and know they must provide a stable platform with great service, unlike our clever friends at DJI who have a great platform with questionable service. Yes they have no gimbal. And true they are on kickstarter, the Wild West of financing where truth and money don't usually go off hand in hand to the sunset. And delays....you mean DJI never promised anything they were late on? Well, there will be many choices this year of attractive platforms. dJI has built the Commodore 64 that opened up personal computing. Who will build the game changer?

Re: kickstarter

For the projects, it's a way to get cheap and easy financing (and free marketing, testing platform, etc etc).
But don't think for a second that you become their investor in the conventional sense... what you're doing is just joining in an early group-buy\preorder, and maybe you get some recognition, etc... but no, you're not gonna own any shares in said project/company and your future benefit may just to be in their mailing\discount list.

But with that said, it's a great platform to find new stuff.. I've backed hundreds of projects there and it's much more responsible than other crowd funding platform (i.e.: Indiegogo, ugh).

coloradosky said:
Roadkilt said:
dJI has built the Commodore 64 that opened up personal computing. Who will build the game changer?

THAT is the best analogy I've heard; understandable and probably- true.

:?

+1
waiting impatiently on the UAV equivalent of IBM...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 244

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl