Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Hi Neil I will certainly try. I've so far tried pix4d and dronedeploy both force closed instantly. I then googled similar problems and seen it was how devs implemented sdk code features. I didn't realise it was now free to try.

They aint accepting anymore beta testers. I asked the other day. Never mind though. Its a good app but there is another at the same price point with more features. This app is the only one i know of with the ability to create a virtual wall on a map to contain your aircraft. Pretty good feature that.

Agreed. I am a beta tester but still bought the app too. It's a great app and I want to support the developers. For twenty bucks U$, it creates a lot of possibilities.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Hi guys,

I wanted to let you all know. We're launching a new product.

Vertical Speed.
It's the first game for your DJI Phantom. You can fly your drone through a completely virtual track and compete to finish the race in the shortest time. We hope you like it :) We're open for beta now and we're accepting the first 100 beta testers.

Here's a link to the thread

And here's the sneak preview video:

There is a new beta Neil ?

Edit: I just realized my phone wasn't showing your last message lol !!!! Sorry ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys!

We're happy to announce that we're releasing our newest feature, "Rails" to Vertical Studio BETA today. Just draw a line on the map, hit play and the drone will fly along that path as it continues to track your subject.

Sound familiar ? Well, unlike what you're used to, Vertical Studio doesn't convert your path into waypoints. That means you can dynamically change your drone's height as it follows the rail, there's no minimum height and you get smooth curves even with the smallest rail you draw.

Here's a quick tutorial on using Rails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ90PzsR-pk&feature=youtu.be4

Try it out, give us all your feedback, we hope you like it!

PJ

All Android Beta download links and promo codes have been sent out. A couple of you may not have received them because your email addresses were not valid Google Apps emails but I will be sending you emails to fix that.

We will be sending out iOS download links soon. We're just waiting for Apple to approve our beta app.

Reactions: grottoli
Sounds cool

Have forwarded my EMail twice now and still no Android Beta down load but I was critical of vertical studio so it's probably a case of taking the ball back if you don't agree with all they say. If you want to keep the promised lifetime updates as a Beta Tester just agree with all they say and you will be OK .

Not all of my reviews were good, Neil replied and they fixed the problems. Thanked me for my input.

Just my quick 2 cents... as I understand its a new app. I'm working up a video review of the app.

I like all the new features and they are _REALLY_ cool. However, it seems like the basics were skipped. When I fly I like to see important information on the screen, such as number of sats locked, battery voltage and other basic information. VS lacks all of this. It really only shows battery percentage and that enough sats are locked (but not the number). Flight time and a lot more information would be _very_ nice and I'd consider this basic information that should be displayed. It's hard to use an app that lacks this information. I'd think it should be very easy to add.

Just my quick 2 cents... as I understand its a new app. I'm working up a video review of the app.

I like all the new features and they are _REALLY_ cool. However, it seems like the basics were skipped. When I fly I like to see important information on the screen, such as number of sats locked, battery voltage and other basic information. VS lacks all of this. It really only shows battery percentage and that enough sats are locked (but not the number). Flight time and a lot more information would be _very_ nice and I'd consider this basic information that should be displayed. It's hard to use an app that lacks this information. I'd think it should be very easy to add.
Hi @tcope. Thanks for your input! Actually the telemetry information is available! Go to settings and enable telemetry - You will find all the information you're looking for :)

Have forwarded my EMail twice now and still no Android Beta down load but I was critical of vertical studio so it's probably a case of taking the ball back if you don't agree with all they say. If you want to keep the promised lifetime updates as a Beta Tester just agree with all they say and you will be OK .
Hi @Ian Welsh. I sent you the beta signup details with the promo code. Let me know when you're able to get set up.
Cheers,

Hi guys,

We're releasing our newest feature, "Rails" to Vertical Studio today - on both Android and iOS. Just draw a line on the map, hit play and the drone will fly along that path as it continues to track your subject.

This probably sounds familiar, but unlike what you're used to, Vertical Studio doesn't convert your path into waypoints. That means you can dynamically change your drone's height with your RC as it follows the rail, there's no minimum height and you get smooth curves even with the smallest rail you draw.

Here's a quick tutorial on using Rails:

Try it out, give us all your feedback, we hope you like it!

Cheers,
Neil

Reactions: bobomet
Nice one Neil, downloaded the update last night, hopefully get out to try over the weekend depending on what the good old weather throws at us in the UK...Looks great though :)

Rails looks ideal. There is one issue I have with any set up like this though, and that is the difference between where the drone is and where it thinks it is. GPS seems to be out by up to 2m on any given day and that has been almost fatal on several occasions.
What I would like is to be able to draw a rail/waypoint route etc, whether it be with your app or Litchi (DJI is less of a problem with its insistence that you prefly the route) and adjust the entire route (maybe marquee select and drag) to allow for the GPS error. (Or for the app to adjust it for me)

For example, I had to fly down a tree-lined drive recently. The route was drawn as I wanted it flown but the GPS was out by about 1 metre. Not only did I shave a tree, the video looked amateurish.

I would like to draw a spot on the map and tell the drone to go there. Then once it's where it's been told to go, I could tell it where it actually is and adjustments could be made. So in my example I could tell it to go to the middle of the drive; it would actually go about 1m to one side and I could then point on the map where it really is. It would then adjust the route accordingly. That's my dream.
Or I could just fly high like everyone else, but I'd be looking for another job.

(eta did I just confuse everybody with that 'explanation'?)

Last edited:
So in my example I could tell it to go to the middle of the drive; it would actually go about 1m to one side and I could then point on the map where it really is. It would then adjust the route accordingly.

Almost like pre-flying the route?

Had a play with Rails, not the most exciting video(s) but seemed to do a good job. 1st one set it fairly straight and just adjusted the height mid flight (to go over a tree). 2nd one set a partial orbit then turn quite sharply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka