Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

I just downloaded and can't wait to try it out. Plan on buying as long as it works like it should. Just curious, what'd the best way to use the app? Should I use the GO app first to calibrate and take off, and then switch to Vertical?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are looking for any additional testers I'd be happy to test I run both android and iOS. P3P with 4 batteries so lots of sky time

I just downloaded and can't wait to try it out. Plan on buying as long as it works like it should. Just curious, what'd the best way to use the app? Should I use the GO app first to calibrate and take off, and then switch to Vertical?

Yes! First check with DJI GO. Then close DJI GO and Fly with Vertical. Enjoy! Hope you like it!

Reactions: Squirrel!
If you are looking for any additional testers I'd be happy to test I run both android and iOS. P3P with 4 batteries so lots of sky time

The app is available for download, for free on both Android and iOS. You can basically try all features for free and the only purchase the app when you want to start recording video. :)

Here's the download link.

The app is available for download, for free on both Android and iOS. You can basically try all features for free and the only purchase the app when you want to start recording video. :)

Here's the download link.
Neil, please consider adding screen recorder feature to your app(for iOS users), it's the one feature I wish it had, outside of that, it's awesome! and I really do enjoy using it on both my p3a and i1.

Reactions: Erroll
Neil, please consider adding screen recorder feature to your app(for iOS users), it's the one feature I wish it had, outside of that, it's awesome! and I really do enjoy using it on both my p3a and i1.
Second that!

Reactions: Bigdz
Just a heads up. We'll be sending out emails to everyone who signed up for Vertical Studio while we were still in beta - to update them that VS is available for download. That means you beta users will also get that email. Don't freak out. It doesn't apply to you :p

Is it possible for this app to do an orbit around me and then go straight up? Basically I want a video of me doing a hand stand and then zoom all th way out?

Is it possible for this app to do an orbit around me and then go straight up? Basically I want a video of me doing a hand stand and then zoom all th way out?

Sweet! That's sounds like an awesome shot. There's a couple of ways to do this. But both involve a pilot. We're looking into automating shots like this in the future. For now, ere's how you'd do it.

1. Start orbit and after a certain point just pitch back and throttle up to increase orbit radius and drone height very fast. That will get your the effort you need with a slight spin towards the direction of the orbit

2. Select the tracking box and the roll right or left to do a nice circle around you and then pitch back and throttle up to get the shot.

Let me know if that helps!

Oh also, here's another cool shot. You can change the height dynamically during the orbit. That means you can start orbit and just throttle up to get a upward spiral shot. The camera will keep pointing down at you.

Oh also, here's another cool shot. You can change the height dynamically during the orbit. That means you can start orbit and just throttle up to get a upward spiral shot. The camera will keep pointing down at you.
Love it! Can't wait to try it. I'm assuming I can pre plan the mission so I don't have to physically have the RC in the shot?

Just tried this app. It's really cool and easy! Lost tracking a couple times during the test, but it didn't cause any issues since I was in a big empty parking lot. The P3P just hovered in place. I really wanted the shot of me doing a handstand and having the P3P orbit around and then up. Looks like I'll have to utilize a friend to help out, but it should be super easy to do.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Still wondering if this will work for the Phantom three 4K

Not talking about the professional I have the Phantom three 4K wondering if this app will work for that

What is the normal radius of the orbit when a subject has been selected for track? just wondering for orbit in tight spaces?

What is the normal radius of the orbit when a subject has been selected for track? just wondering for orbit in tight spaces?
Your quad's position relative to the subject at the time that you invoke orbit will determine the initial radius.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart