Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

When will the Walls feature be available for iOS?

Can you draw walls along 2 sides of a street so that the aircraft stays in the street while it follows someone?

Any user feedback regarding Walls on Android thus far?

Is the price per device or one time? If so, when I buy Android do I get IOS as well?

I signed up for this and was contacted asking which version I was interested in. I said iOS and was sent a link to Android. I emailed back several times and received no response to the correction. Not very good follow-up!

image.png
I went to go buy this and this is the screenshot that is shown in the iOS version. The only screenshot. Guys, this doesn't do much to promote your product.

The "wall" feature sounds kind of neat. Could be an app in it self.

Draw a wall, add minimum and maximum altitude, hand it to the kids and it won't crash.

Yea. That screenshot made me hold off to see some reviews first. Seems like the marketing wasn't ready yet to show the app.

For $20 I want to see the iOS details a little more polished. Still... I want to buy it.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm late to the party to test. However I will buy it if it does as advertised. Can anyone members testify that the app actually works without bugs. Works as advertised? Which would be sweet. I guess you use the app instead of the dji go app? Is this correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neil Mathew
I hear everyone but no one is really saying if the app is good or not. I will hold my 20 spot until someone talks.

Limited (weather issues and work) beta testing but it worked as promised after first glitch. At first My Ellipse 7 only gave a dark screen, posted at vertical and it was fixed within 48 hours. Not perfect, if object blends with background it can get lost, but then I have that problem with naked eyes so I cant fault it. $20 add-on for your $1,000 toy, yep, its worth it IMHO

Will this work with a Nexus 7 running Android 5.1? Only just got my Nexus but sure I read something saying it wasn't working, but that was a while back...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Limited (weather issues and work) beta testing but it worked as promised after first glitch. At first My Ellipse 7 only gave a dark screen, posted at vertical and it was fixed within 48 hours. Not perfect, if object blends with background it can get lost, but then I have that problem with naked eyes so I cant fault it. $20 add-on for your $1,000 toy, yep, its worth it IMHO
So I'm guessing we will use this app over the dji go app and it will show all telemetry as well? If so it may be worth it for sure.

So I'm guessing we will use this app over the dji go app and it will show all telemetry as well? If so it may be worth it for sure.

Yep. All you need in the air is Vertical Studio. You may use DJI GO for some on-the-ground configuration like IMU callibration.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
It seems to track very well (only at running speeds)

An issue I had was controlling it, i haven't found course lock, so if you are beside a subject and either the a/c or subject changes speed, the a/c will start to wrap around or go away from the subject, where course lock would allow you to continue in the same direction...

I've only played with it for 10 minutes...

That's a very good point and something we're considering adding. Course lock could help manual flight a lot. We're actually trying to move towards more automated flight paths. But what is your preference ? - automated flight paths or .... manual flight with IOC ?

When will the Walls feature be available for iOS?

Can you draw walls along 2 sides of a street so that the aircraft stays in the street while it follows someone?

Any user feedback regarding Walls on Android thus far?
That's exactly how the walls feature will work. We're releasing walls on iOS in the next release, hopefully in the next 3 - 4 days :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT