Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Neil, I'm not going to start another thread just for such a small thing - hopefully you see this post: - when the quad battery is 100%, the app shows '10...'
I can't tell for sure whether it is the app or my own setup?

BatteryLevel.jpg

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Ok. I've found a few folks having this issue. We're looking into this now. Thanks!
The problem is as follows: I start the app, al I get is a complete black screen. When I double click the home button I can see that the app is open. I then close the app an restart the app. Then the app opens with the logo screen and works flawless.
I don't have any nice footage to show yet. Weather is not working for me....

Hi all,

It's time for a brand new release of VS Beta for Android! Today we're announcing a few fixes to version 0.1.6 as well as a few features you folks have been asking for. Mainly - Telemetry Info.

What's new in this release ?

Fixes:
1. Fixed UI issues with record buttons timeout
2. For Inspire, properly unroll the gimbal to avoid hitting limits when recenter is commanded

New Features:
1. Added telemetry panel and unit setting in the Settings menu.
2. Added animation to prompt starting recording when tracking is on
3. Added one click upload for debug logs
4. For Inspire, added prompt when Gimbal is close to its limit

Once you enable the Telemetry panel in settings, this is what the screen should look like.
cYKmgY5.png

Reactions: Wacker2611
As I said, he was only doing laps in an open park, so no cool shots yet! Even then VS often lost tracking if my quad went low enough to have contrasting backgrounds behind the bike. I can understand why it loses tracking, but I believe it shouldn't then pick some random shadow or tree trunk to track instead! That causes the quad to spin about which then makes it difficult to re-acquire the subject to re-establish tracking.

Another problem I am encountering is if the subject goes out of frame completely then VS doesn't acquire a new subject but it also doesn't 'relinquish' control so that that I can yaw and find my subject again. I have to switch to 'P' and back to 'F' to regain control.

ETA: Here is a quick upload showing VS switching subjects with possible 'interesting ' consequences:

Blimey, you almost stacked it into the tree!

I was very excited about the vertical studio, I hd been test that app for more than 7 times, im sorry to said guys its not as i expected , if the target object get a little bit speed it will be lost, and its not possible to follow boats cars or any object fastest than 10km/hur, or more less, like if im running faster it will loose me very fast.
Hope in the future to be more specific

I was very excited about the vertical studio, I hd been test that app for more than 7 times, im sorry to said guys its not as i expected , if the target object get a little bit speed it will be lost, and its not possible to follow boats cars or any object fastest than 10km/hur, or more less, like if im running faster it will loose me very fast.
Hope in the future to be more specific

Thanks for trying the app! Until now, the performance of tracking has varied based on your device. If you have a more powerful phone/ tablet you will find that tracking performs a lot better. However we're now pushing out an update today that will improve the speed of tracking on slower devices. Hopefully this will improve tracking performance. I hope to hear your feedback on the new update. The next update will also let you upload a small segment of the video you filmed when tracking breaks directly from the app. This will help us improve the performance in subsequent releases. Thanks!! :)

Hi Neil, I received a message about the update but wasn´t able to update mine, any tips on how to do it? (I´m on an iPad Mini4). Also, sent you an email with a couple of ideas and thoughts but never got a reply so I dunno if you got it or not... I´ll just write it here then OK, maybe others can add to it as well...

1. Maybe the control buttons could be a bit larger. Sometimes I have trouble switching from photo to film and accessing the menus and submenus and moving the controls. Just a small increase would be OK, with the overall idea of making all the controls easier to adjust (both for the large (Photo>Film) and fine adjustments (manual settings for instance).
2. I had a few glitches with the tracking upon start but now it´s perfect, dunno why the sudden increase in performance (maybe I did something to the iPad but not sure abour it). I did a couple of excellent pieces during bike and running events here in the last weeks and during all time the tracking was spot on. Just to put in the context, the conditions during those were good: sunlight, open field, etc. And even when I switched objects (i.e. bikers) VS followed them fine.

I´ll report back once I have a less-than-optimal situation, in the coming weeks I´ll be shooting for a wakeboard cable park competition and the water is dark, so will see what gives.

The addition of the telemetry is a big welcome, for me at least. I appreciate having a bit more AC info even for shorter and more focused filmings.I´ll be able to give better feedback on that once I get the update but I anticipate it´s gonna be a step up. So that´s basically it so far, I just wish we had slightly larger controls really, for the iPad Mini they get really small - to give na idea compared the GO I have no problem switching and operating 99% of the time.

Reactions: Solar Deity
Never received an email....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I see that you've been sent an email on December 30th. Could you look for the email using this information.

The sender email is: [email protected]

The subject line is :
TestFlight: Perceptiv Labs Inc. invited you to test Vertical Studio

cYKmgY5.png

I have a question about the image Neil posted.

What do the Height and Distance in the image represent? Are the values shown for the app or the aircraft? I would guess the app based on the spot of the a/c.

Very nice programming, I'm excited to try it!

Reactions: Neil Mathew

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT