Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Just signed up, this looks very interesting! Does it coincide with the DJI GO app? Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks for signing up! It's a replacement for DJI GO when you're flying. We're trying to building a product to simplify the workflow as much as we can so if you have any annoyances about DJI GO that you'd like us to keep in mind as we develop VS, let us know!

Reactions: schroeder1959
Thanks for signing up! It's a replacement for DJI GO when you're flying. We're trying to building a product to simplify the workflow as much as we can so if you have any annoyances about DJI GO that you'd like us to keep in mind as we develop VS, let us know!
One thing right of the top of my head, I recently noticed that the DJI GO app has stopped keeping thumbnails of the images I take during a flight in my flight log. I will attach an image of this. It used to keep a few thumbnails of each flight if I took any images, but as of late, it has stopped doing this.
IMG_0786.png

One thing right of the top of my head, I recently noticed that the DJI GO app has stopped keeping thumbnails of the images I take during a flight in my flight log. I will attach an image of this. It used to keep a few thumbnails of each flight if I took any images, but as of late, it has stopped doing this.View attachment 37234

hmm. I feel like that's probably a bug on their part than a new feature or else you wouldn't see the empty slots for thumbnails.

Hey guys,

Some general housekeeping items for today. I've just sent out confirmation emails to EVERYONE who signed up either on Android or iOS, explaining next steps with either a download link or a note to wait for one in a couple days.

If you signed up over an hour ago you should have received an email that, at the very least, has the following information about our Feedback forum.
Getting Started Guide

While sending out the emails I noticed that a few emails failed because of invalid email addresses entered in the form. I want to urge you to be careful when you enter your email address in the form because if there's a typo, there's no way we can contact you. I've manually updated some typos like "gmail.co." or "hotmai.com" that are obvious but some aren't that easy. If you've signed up about an hour ago and haven't received an email from us yet, message me and I'll check up on your registration.

Thanks guys!

Just another note.

We realized that as the beta program grows, it's going to be extremely important to build better ways for us to stay in touch and share feedback, thoughts and videos. Here's a few options.

Our feedback forum:
Vertical

If you like, feel free to join us on our Facebook group for beta users:
VS Beta

Email us at
[email protected]

Chat right here on PhantomPilots. :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

fspNXAB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Garret Pearl
Another important update :)

We realized that as the beta program grows, it's going to be extremely important to build better ways for us to stay in touch and share feedback, thoughts and videos. Here's how we're going to do it.

We would love it if you join us on our Facebook group for beta users - "The Vertically Inspired". The name is self explanatory :)
The Vertically Inspired - Facebook

Also If you haven't done this already, please sign up for the feedback forum at
Vertical

Hope you're having a great weekend!

fspNXAB.jpg

uh-oh..FaceBook? Any way that your own Forum could be the official portal and FB could be marketing? I know you guys love big data, but there are a few of us that enjoy technology, but not so much the whole social media paradigm. Maybe us hold outs could provide feedback on your site, and you could copy it to where ever you like?

uh-oh..FaceBook? Any way that your own Forum could be the official portal and FB could be marketing? I know you guys love big data, but there are a few of us that enjoy technology, but not so much the whole social media paradigm. Maybe us hold outs could provide feedback on your site, and you could copy it to where ever you like?

No worries. Let's do that. Totally up to you where you'd like to talk to us. Just offering another choice that's all :)

Yes, thank's Neil, cant get the app to open on my Tablet though, it won't get passed the connect your drone page, going to try it on my Galaxy S6
That's strange. Can you try making sure DJI GO is shut down and not running in the background ? Also if plug out the usb and plug it in again - you'll see a popup asking you to pick the app you want to run. Choose Vertical Studio and see if that works.

I've gotten a few questions about this so I'm going to update this in the header of the thread as well.

Firstly, If you're wondering if it's too late to signup for the beta, don't worry. It's not. Go ahead and sign-up and we'll get to you soon. We're just going through the beta signups in batches so we can give everyone individual attention if they have any issues.

Secondly, we're really eager to see what interesting videos you shoot with VS so if you do film something, whatever it is, we'd love it if you could share it with us. :) Doesn't matter which medium - youtube, an email attachment to [email protected] or even just a google drive link is fine. :)

Cheers!
Neil

That's strange. Can you try making sure DJI GO is shut down and not running in the background ? Also if plug out the usb and plug it in again - you'll see a popup asking you to pick the app you want to run. Choose Vertical Studio and see if that works.

Tried everything with the Tablet (Chuwi Hi8, 2.16ghz, 2gg RAM, Android4.4), it got past the connect to drone screen once then crashed immediately. Working fine with the S6, just waiting for the weather to improve to try it, rainy season here in Thailand :(

This looks awesome and i cannot wait to try it on my Snowboarding trip this Winter! I just signed up for Both OS can't wait to test it out and give some feedback. I also couldn't help but notice how this software could also potentially help with collision avoidance in the future by tracking objects and taking appropriate vertical or horizontal measures.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
That's strange. Can you try making sure DJI GO is shut down and not running in the background?
Yes, the DJI GO app ALWAYS runs in the background unless you disable it manually.
(Can we turn this into a middle-aged rant about Facebook?)

Last edited:
This is incredible, exactly what I needed!. Just signed in. Hope so much I can help you developing by testing this app by giving feedback. Enthousiast greetings from Amsterdam, the Netherlands!

PS Dec30 I will start a 7 weeks journey to South-Africa (Capetown) | New-Zealand south island | Sydney Australia | Bali | Bangkok. Would be great to have the app by then (IOS). Surfers, paragliding, trail biking, you name it.

Reactions: Neil Mathew

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl