Vegas Pro or Premiere? Cause Studio sucks!

Reaction score
Well, what do you guys prefer for video editing?

I just tested out GoPro Studio and it's a piece of garbage that destroys video quality, even at the highest setting.

Kelso Kubat said:
neither because you have to ask.... stick to your day job :shock:
Whats with your attitude?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

I have Pro but it is a release or two old. I like it. However, I also use Studio and I have had good luck with it for some things. The pay-for-play packages are better but free is fantastic.

Premiere is the one my professional friends underwrite without hesitation. I have done the learning curve with Vegas so I use it without wasting a crapload of time figuring it out. Probably why I like it.

IrishSights said:
Kelso Kubat said:
neither because you have to ask.... stick to your day job :shock:
Whats with your attitude?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8
get a lot of that around here. I sometimes cringe when I hit the "Post" Button...

I use the gopro Studio. Im fairly new to the hobby and learning. I really haven't noticed diminished quality with the naked eye??

I would love to use Adobe Premiere Pro, but the learning curve is extremely long. I'm not sure I can become proficient fast enough to justify the money spent.

my 2 cents

I have been editing movies for the past 3 years and I used istudio, vegas, gopro studio and premiere pro. I would say, gopro studio is just for real amateurs, no different than movie maker. istudio does the job but lacks lot of features. Sony vegas and premiere pro is a close combat. vegas I feel more flexible, but if you are going to use any other adobe products on your edits such as after effects etc then premier would be better choice. on the flip side, vegas requires more ram to work with but GPU support is quite efficient if you have compatible graphics card.

I'm in the same boat. I felt like GoPro Studio got me started but now I feel it's lacking. I'm now learning premiere pro as I'm invested in other adobe products. I was wondering if there is any reason to use GoPro Studio at all. As in does it do any sort of extra tweaks or changes that you can't do in a different program like Premiere.
I know it's a stupid question but hopefully I won't get some snarky comment.
At least if I do get a snarky reply try to make it funny. Otherwise it just looks like you are trying to increment your post count.

thrasher9 said:
I'm in the same boat. I felt like GoPro Studio got me started but now I feel it's lacking. I'm now learning premiere pro as I'm invested in other adobe products. I was wondering if there is any reason to use GoPro Studio at all. As in does it do any sort of extra tweaks or changes that you can't do in a different program like Premiere.
I know it's a stupid question but hopefully I won't get some snarky comment.
At least if I do get a snarky reply try to make it funny. Otherwise it just looks like you are trying to increment your post count.

Stick with premiere, it's so much more robust. It's a big time investment learning but it's just awesome. Just your ability to mix audio makes it worth it.

Never tried Studio. Got Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 ($80) and Vegas (several hundred $) late last year. Haven't even touched Vegas yet because I find Corel VS Pro to be quite powerful and very intuitive UI. Amazed what $80 gives me, including proDad image stabilization.

Kelly

Lol. I'm no pro. In fact quite new. Gopro studio is fine for what I do. My question is, even though I use orotune, is the video quality diminished?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl