V02.06.06.00 firmware update

Mine gave me the “DJI app no longer responding” 3 times before the update. It does cause a full reboot of the CS. You still have full control of the drone with RC.

Based the info from others looks like problem still exists even with new firmware.

Wondering if the Occusync makes any difference as I don’t have any issues with my Mavics and the CS. So lightbridge could be part of the problem? It will be interesting to see if the P4 vr 2.0 has the same issue with lock ups.

Paul Caldwell

Cool... I would also recommend reformatting the SD cards in both the CS and the Phantom just to rule out any weird inconstancy from the previous firmware.
Well I just took two more flights shutting everything down in between battery changes and I only had to reboot on the first flight one time, for me the latest FW caused this to happen but it sorted out the flight records problem and it added the offline maps.

Reactions: 5150 Flyer
Mine gave me the “DJI app no longer responding” 3 times before the update. It does cause a full reboot of the CS. You still have full control of the drone with RC.

Based the info from others looks like problem still exists even with new firmware.

Wondering if the Occusync makes any difference as I don’t have any issues with my Mavics and the CS. So lightbridge could be part of the problem? It will be interesting to see if the P4 vr 2.0 has the same issue with lock ups.

Paul Caldwell
I didn't have this problem on the old FW

Well I just took two more flights shutting everything down in between battery changes and I only had to reboot on the first flight one time, for me the latest FW caused this to happen but it sorted out the flight records problem and it added the offline maps.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you have any video lag or picture breakup?

Paul Caldwell
I didn't have this problem either until the I downloaded and installed the latest CS version. I'm tempted to try installing the previous aircraft firmware to see if that makes any difference.

I updated and re-rooted yesterday, no problems. Offline maps worked like a charm, the area per map download is smaller than I thought, wish you were able to select larger areas at a time.
I have had a problem with video feed on my Mavic pro with my 7.5 monitor.... the bottom of my video feed goes blurry during recording process... I don’t have a problem when I use my IPad though.... has anyone else had this problem? Or do I need to redo the update?

When I update to this CS firmware version, DJI GO4 will no longer communicate with the P4P SD card (it says there isn't one installed, so won't format, can't take images, etc). If I go back to the previous CS firmware, the P4P SD card works normally. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: after some troubleshooting, I think I've identified the problem. It looks like the P4P has to be powered up when DGI GO4 does its aircraft firmware check. If it isn't (it powers up after the firmware check) I get this SD card communication error. If the aircraft is powered up during the firmware check, communication with the SD card is normal. With the aircraft powered up, it can be remedied by exiting DJI GO4 and restarting the app. I didn't notice this issue with the previous CS firmware (or maybe the DJI GO4 version), as my workflow when switching batteries was to power down the drone, swap the battery, then turn it back on. Now, it looks like it will be necessary to restart DJI GO4 as well.

Last edited:
When I update to the this CS firmware version, DJI GO4 will no longer communicate with the P4P SD card (it says there isn't one installed, so won't format, can't take images, etc). If I go back to the previous CS firmware, the P4P SD card works normally. Anyone else experiencing this?
You cant roll back CS firmware according to DJI

Apparently you can, I've done it several times. I have a copy of the V02.06.03 on an SD card (downloaded from the DJI software site) and it can be installed manually (from settings).

I didn't, I downloaded it once, then extracted it to an SD Card (as described in the DJI CrystalSky firmware update guide). I went back and forth between V02.06.06 and V02.06.03 (using the SD card version of V02.06.03) several times while I tried to figure out why V02.06.06 wasn't working. As I discussed in the edit to my original post, it appears the problem may actually be in the new version of DJI GO4, not the firmware (although the two are bundled together in the update).

I downloaded V02.06.03 from the CrystalSky firmware page. It's still showing V02.06.03 as the current version (I just checked), so it's still available for download, even though the wifi update now installs V02.06.06. Here's a link to the page DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
If that doesn't work, just go to DJI.com and search "crystalsky", that will bring up options for "firmware" or "firmware update". The CrystalSky firmware and DJI firmware update guide are toward the bottom of the page.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
I flew a CS 7" HB with this version and my P4P on a 92°F day using Go4. Although I didn't try offline maps I had a good experience.
Also, I was happy that it fixed the jerky live feed in the official Amazon store CS version of Litchi.

Speed slider in POI mode is unresponsive.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor